1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Santonio Holmes

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fostate, Jan 2, 2012.

?

Should Texans pursue Holmes?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Pursue who, holmes?
    sorry couldn't resist.

2. thejav

thejav Member

Texans need to trade up big time to get a high WR pick..

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Holmes... Wayne... Or a healthy Edwards

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

nah....

5. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

There are also great FA available this year.

2012 NFL Free Agent Receivers

Any one of these guys would look great across from #80. Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Would love DeSean Jackson as our #2. After releasing Jacoby Jones, DeSean would also take over returning duties.

7. Major

Major Member

Texans *could* have had Brandon Lloyd for a 4th round pick...

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. He'd be an awesome #2.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Good player.

Bad quarterback.

10. Major

Major Member

Never mind - he's a free agent this year anyway. So they still could have him, though at a higher salary.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did he quit on his team, or did he act like a b**** that caused him to be benched by his coach? I only saw the highlights Sunday night when there was still some confusions as to whether he took himself out of the game or not? It's a small difference, because his attitude was bad in either case, but a difference nonetheless.

The only reason why I can see him fitting in here a little better is because with everyone healthy, this is a near-dominant offense, and he should get a lot of opportunity, as opposed to the bad offense that was the Jets and teh efficient, but not exciting offense that was the Steelers.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

After our spending spree after the lockout, and the Mario/Foster deals looming, there's no chance at all we put big offers on the table for FA wideouts.

Draft will be the avenue they take.

He opened a can of quit on the field, was rotated out like all WRs are, and went to the bench and took off his helmet to sulk. He's trying to spin it like he was benched, but he benched himself.

13. adboy

adboy Member

would love to have blackmon fall to us, but after last nights performance i think he might be taken much higher

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Did everyone spontaneously knee-jerk and unconsciously shift into offseason mode once the regular season ended? I'm gone a week and there are 18MM threads on free agency, the draft....

We have a playoff game Saturday, people! Let's deal with the offseason stuff when it's, you know, THE offseason.

15. Pete the Cheat

force of habit? :p

saturday can't get here soon enough....

16. Asian Sensation

Blackmon was likely going to be a top 5 pick even before last night. After last night I can't see the Rams NOT taking him 2nd. If for some crazy reason the Rams don't select him the Vikings are desperate for a WR as well.

As for Holmes he'd do well in Houston. Mark Sanchez sucks a fatty and RR isn't even worth commenting about.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I like Blackmon but I think the real steal at receiver in the draft would be Alshon Jeffery, if he falls to the mid-low 20s in the draft. He has great size, quality speed, and punishing run after the catch ability.

I'd like us to trade up for him. He's coming out this year right?

18. Pete the Cheat

he is coming out this year.
    unfortunately for alshon, he was projected higher than blackmon at the end of last year, but has had an unbelievably unproductive season and looks like he has gained too much weight

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I didn't watch too many SC games this year but was Garcia still his QB or was it that freshman they were hyping up? I think if he had a better arm throwing at him he'd have better numbers overall.

Regarding the weight gained, that's an easy fix, throw him out to the wolves and watch him get in shape quick to keep up with the NFL game. ;)

20. msn

msn Member

God forbid we look forward to possible offseason news while we at the time enjoy our franchise's first ever postseason berth. Are the two really mutually exclusive?

No one twisted your arm to click the thread. :cool: