1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samuel Dalembert should start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jan 1, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, that is a good point.

Patterson is a key element to the 2nd unit.

DD

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Unfortunately for Jordan Hill, he is just not a center. He is a power forward playing on a team with two other power forwards who are better than him. What is truly amazing is that after the departure of Chuck Hayes, he was the best center on the team, at least until the arrival of Samuel Dalembert.

I don't think anyone has anything against Hill, or that they want to bench him as some sort of a punitive act. They just want to see the Rockets compete at the highest levels. And as long as Jordan Hill is the starting center, that is not going to happen.

The best thing that could happen to Jordan Hill at this point is for him to be traded to another team that has a real need at the power forward position. Unfortunately for him, as long as the Rockets are as weak at center as they currently are, they are likely to value him highly in the backup center role behind Dalembert.

If Thabeet all of the sudden makes some sort of miraculous transition into a serious, respectable NBA center, that could open the door for Hill to go. Otherwise, he will likely continue to play out of position for an otherwise reasonably solid Houston Rockets basketball team.

3. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Ok so your suggesting we trade Hill? Besides Lowry what Rocket has improved more then Hill? Sorry but unless were getting a big time player I refuse to trade a guy who is a legit 6-10 with long arms and big time athletic ability.

Am I the only member of Clutch Fans who is noticing the massive improvement Hill has made. He has much better touch on the inside, his jumper is improving and he's been a beast on the boards.

Just give the guy a chance.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, I am not suggesting that the Rockets should trade Hill. As I said in my previous post, the Rockets will want to keep Hill as long as he is one of their best two options at center. It is Hill that may want to be traded to a team that really needs him as a starter at his proper position, which is power forward.

Now if the Rockets trade Scola or Patterson and bring in another center, that could move Hill back to power forward for the Rockets, likely as a backup, which could be a sustainable long term arrangement for Hill, where he could be part of the rotation and receive substantial minutes for many years to come.

5. dd89

dd89 Member

Sometimes giving your best just doesn't cut it. Get rid of this Hill guy, he can really give his best in the D-league where he belongs. I mean just watch him being interviewed. It sounds like he is mentally slow even when answering simple questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oPjhsqTZk

6. Htown's2kFinest

Jordan Hill is having a good year for himself. What he is doing is rebounding and getting a couple of putbacks. But this is what Sammy has been doing since his Sixer's days and he does it better than Hill with added defense/shot blocking. And he gives Lowry and option to lob it to him when he's in the paint. With this short season, the Rockets should let Sammy start asap. He can very well be our center that averages a double-double, plus be in the top 5 in shot blocking. That would help his raise his stock a lot especially if we are winning and make the playoffs. Would only benefit the team.