1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung QLED Q90R 65" TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Riz, Jul 18, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The newer premium TVs have stellar sound.
    I know the top of the line Sony OLED uses the screen as the speaker.
    The premium LG OLED allows you to use it as a center channel in a multi speaker system.

That being said I checked out the $2000 sound bar and it was like a movie theater.

#41 tinman, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    fallenphoenix likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those Smart TVs are getting a life of their own, too smart.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This and hdtvtest.co.uk, especially their YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hdtvtest

Only sources I trust, they actually review technical aspects and don't just go for eye test like mainstream journalists.

Also everyone make sure to calibrate your TV, don't necessarily need an expert, sites like rtings and ppl on avforums, avsforum etc share their settings. Every panel is a tad different, but you'll go a big step in the right direction when using proper settings from someone.

Used these settings for my q9fn, two top comments in that video:

I tried rtings settings at first, but me and others feel like their settings are often a bit too dim and bland.

Regarding OLED: I still don't trust burn-in, a lot of ppl are having issues, especially after 2-3 years. I'm not spending 2k+ just to babysit my TV (ppl tell you it's alright if you follow steps like not watching channels with a fixed logo, ticker bars, turning down the brightness, varying content etc), plus burn-in is usually not covered by your warranty, unless you harass customer support hard.

The Q9fn (got one, really recommend it) and Q90r made extreme leaps in black inkiness, even calibrators mentioned that the difference vs OLED is barely noticeable nowadays.

Regarding size: 65"+ sound large at first, but after a few days you'll look at the corners of your TV and always think you could've gone one size larger.