1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 4, 2011.

1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I've been using an iPhone on tmobile for the past 4 years. I've never had flash and have been rocking the edge network like a caveman. Trust me, flash is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned with the 4G and the better screen.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

not to mention that you can revert back to ice cream sandwich if you wanted.

3. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Does anyone have a working JB d/l link for Toro?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

or you can side load the flash apk...

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

in the market for a new phone. Is this worth getting. I like the idea that it's contract free

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

EDGE? Whoa. That sucks man :(

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

There are phones with better specs but the Galaxy Nexus runs AOSP (Pure Android), and is a pentaband device. I'd go for it at its current price

8. Nice Rollin

Haha i'll have to look up what all that means. Because it's "pure android" does that mean it will always get updates until the new nexus phone drops?

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

AOSP = Android Open Source Project. Basically means there is no "skin", no "overlay" to the OS, and no extra bloatware (theoretically). It's the OS with nothing extra added to hog system resources and/or gum up the works.

Theoretically, Nexus phones get updates faster than any other device (I say "theoretically" because Verizon took some extra time to push out the 4.0.4 update via OTA, while others who had already rooted their devices could install it much sooner). Right now, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the most recent "Nexus" phone. Thus, if you want updates as quick as possible, you probably want the Galaxy Nexus.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

would you get a nexus over galaxy s3?

11. fchowd0311

12. BetterThanI

Apple halts shipments of a seven-month-old device that people are already calling obsolete? Oh noes! :rolleyes: This is going nowhere. Apple will stomp their feet and cry crocodile tears, meanwhile the Android community is already moving on to bigger and better devices. Verizon already did far more damage to the Galaxy Nexus brand than Apple could ever do.

All this over that stupid b!t@h Siri...

13. fchowd0311

Bigger and better things? The galaxy nexus will be the first and only phone to have jellybean.

14. BetterThanI

For about a week. Then XDA will have their way with it. And since folks are already drooling over the S3, One X, Evo 4g LTE, Note, etc, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say they bulk of the Galaxy Nexus ship has sailed.

15. fchowd0311

At 350 dollars it will still be popular consumers who want a high end device on a prepaid service.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I will hold out. I use flash too much on my phone just to give up on it for JB. Will wait until it's compatible.

17. fchowd0311

I think you have the wrong impression of flash on JB. If you have flash installed on the play store it will show up when you upgrade to jellybean. The no flash support only affects those who have never installed flash before on JB. For example I running job on the gnex now and I can still use flash.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea but how does it run on JB? Any better or worse? Laggy, smooth?

19. fchowd0311

Buttery smooth. For example on ICS pinching and zooming or scrolling while a flash video was playing would be jerky. Now no hitches.

20. Nice Rollin

I just ordered one, but i have a noob question. how does hspa 21 compare to 4G on tmobile?

#900 Nice Rollin, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012