1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy is a turd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, May 5, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have complete stock android 5.1, no root, no stupid task managers, nothing and it runs perfectly smooth. Do people still use ICS phones or something?

2. Granville

Granville Member

OP needs to get a Motorola DynaTac 8000X. If it's good enough for Gordon Gekko and Zack Morris, it's good enough for the OP. Those things listed at nearly 4 grand when they came out.

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

just quit bullshytting, dude..and get an iphone.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My S4 is still running great, best phone I've ever owned. The wife has the iPhone 6 and I just hate it. So freaking boring and bland, like iPhone's have always been, and iOS...bloorf. I have the unlimited plan with Verizon so I have to buy a phone outright and while I want the Edge, I'm waiting for a reason to leave my S4. If it's running like new why change?

#44 LonghornFan, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  5. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Not really. Android is a great operating system, but your mileage varies greatly between OEMs. I'd typically recommend sticking with Motorola or Nexus if you're ever looking into it.

I use a Moto X 2014 and really like it. It's honestly the best phone I've ever had. It's way less buggy than my last iPhone was, and I'm likely not going to back. I just picked up an LG Watch Urbane, and I've been thoroughly impressed.

Samsung's TouchWiz interface is typically one of the most intrusive UIs out there. If you do pick up a Samsung phone, I'd recommend either uninstalling/disabling most of the Samsung apps and grabbing Google Now Launcher or Nova Launcher. Alternatively, you can install CyanogenMod for a more clean experience.

I love that customizability; iOS just doesn't offer it. All my devices with Lollipop on them run extremely well. I experience less app crashing and none of the arbitrary restarts I experienced with iOS.

But if you want a more controlled experience on very consistently high-quality hardware, iOS is a great way to go. The software really just isn't any better than Android anymore.

6. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Your point about the software not being any better is disingenuous. I'm not sure how one could defend play services wakelocking the **** out of your device and killing a nice chunk of battery, or the recent lollipop memory leaks that have taken weeks/months to fix (still hasn't been fixed completely).

Meanwhile important features like iOS privacy and permission controls blow how Android does it out of the water. Android has some stuff that iOS doesn't have, and vice versa.

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I hd this problem with my GS3. Switching from the stock messaging app to Hangouts fixed it for me. Also, if you're using Swiftkey sometimes it lags but the current version has been great for me.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I have a S6 edge, no issues with it or my Note 3. Had a Samsung HD tv for 10 years, no problems either. In fact as far as I know that TV still works. Have had a Samsung monitor for possibly as long as well, again no issues.

Just saying...

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My Wife broke her S4 and bought an iPhone 6 to replace it. She lasted 3 days before she returned it and got a Note4. :grin:

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have 5 Samsung TVs, and absolutely LOVE my Galaxy S5. Come at me, bro.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

My Samsung Note 3 is constantly freezing after the new update came out. Other than that, not a single complain about the phone. Samsung rox

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Next post from hotballa is going to be, "omg I love my new iphone/windows phone. I wish I would've switched sooner. Android is such a hot mess."

Android has its quirks, but overall I like it and I don't plan on switching to a closed ecosystem.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I am waiting on the S6 Active but I may just get the S5 Active if I have to wait a while. I am putting it in an otterbox and I won't have to worry about killing it like I kill all of my phones.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Apple ecosystem is too expensive. Have my phone, tablet and PC all cheaper than I could get Mac Air with.

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I miss my Note 4. I never wanted a phone that big, but it fit perfectly in my hand and the screen was amazing. I had to give it to T-Mobile for them to pay off my balance with Verizon. I have a Nexus 6 now, another phone I had no interest in due to the screen size. I'm very happy with it, but still miss my Note 4.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, go to the Samsung dude at best buy and let them install their latest os. Unless you really enjoy your phone sucking all the time.
    They told me the sprint version i had was buggy

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man OP... Just saw your other thread on flash... Maybe get a flip phone/iphone :) haha, or young tech to help you out... I'm just messing, but as already mentioned if you change the default apps out can get a lot more outta that phone, possibly other issue (as Mentioned), but If you don't want to customize or have advanced features, probably exchange for ios device. I'm not a huge fan of samsung's take on Android (touchwhiz), however they do make great devices... Especially if you give it some time to learn it, definitely better than limited iphone.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My Surface Pro 3 is amazing, and the build quality is as good as any Apple product if not better. Plus, on Win 10 its just fast as balls...

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Android is the car only the mechanic can drive (well). Nothing wrong with that but if you aren't technically savvy or don't have time to fiddle with it, it's hard to go with Droid over iOS, which just works well, all the time.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

i dont understand what is difficult about android? Maybe in the gingerbread days but since kitkat I don't get the whole "It's difficult to use android" mantra. I'm guessing it's just residual stigma from the froyo/gingerbread days.