1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy is a turd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, May 5, 2015.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Cyborg*

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take my advice. My phone is good again

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've had a Nexus 5 for almost two years now and it's as fast as the day I bought it.

4. fchowd0311

Have you used android with at least 5.1?

5. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

My S6 Edge is awesome

6. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

It's not Android, it's Samsung's overbloated TouchWiz where they like to cram 30,000 useless features and apps probably 10% of its userbase uses. Pure Android on Nexus devices are snappy and quick. Nexus 5 is still beast after 2 years.

Just to show you how bloated it is: A pure android ROM and even CynagenMod average around 250MB+ in size. Add the Google apps package in and it gets around close to 500MB at most combined. Now, look at a TouchWiz ROM which averages above 1GB (GApps comes built-in). A debloated ROM (Strip all of Samsung's thousand apps that comes with the ROM out) gets you down to 800MB average. Even the ROM itself uses more RAM at start-up than stock Android because of said bloatware running in the background.

I've owned all the Note phones aside from the latest Note 4 since I'm a OnePlus One owner now. I've always installed custom ROMs like SlimROM or CynagenMod on all of them since TouchWiz will bog down and lag here and there at times. I just installed an AOSP ROM on my sister's S5 and she hasn't complained about speed or lag since.

This is why their Galaxy S6 was revamped software-wise as well since they took most of the junk that came with the previous Galaxy S phones and made them available in the Samsung App Store or Google Play as optional downloads. It's pretty quick for a TouchWiz-based ROM so I'll give them that. However, it's still on 5.0.2 Lollipop which is a bugfest of all bugfests. Hopefully, they can get it to 5.1.1 soon which will alleviate the bugs and memory leak known in 5.0.

I suggest going with a custom AOSP-based ROM if you're looking for something that won't take a dump on itself in 3 days.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I concur, galaxys no good

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Yeah, I have a Samsung UN55H7150. Picture quality is great, but the smart apps are awful and crash all the time. Do yourself a favor and get a Roku or Chromecast if you really want reliable apps. I gave up using the native TV apps.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Get an IPhone brah... You are dealing with third world phone issues

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gotta agree. I have never had a problem with my S5.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Factory reset after the Lollipop update. Was the only thing that workd.

Yeah it sucks but it will improve performance.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't want to do it, but I might have to. After the Lollipop update my contacts crashes repeatedly as well as a couple other apps.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I had an S3 and it was such a piece of garbage that I went back to Apple and never looked back.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm saying he's already supporting google.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My nexus 5 has always had issues and I've replaced it 3 times. LG sucks.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have an S3 that I rooted almost right away a few years and is now running LiquidSmooth 4.0 (Android 5.02). Fast as all get out, never an issue with text messages or any other app) and really customizable using Layers Manager.

I used to have an iPhone years ago. I can see why many like them (simple to use) but to be honest, I like the ability to make the phone look and operate the way I like it.

I am way out of contract and should get a new phone... but the cost doesn't seem to be justified until I find one that works that much better (maybe the S6 or a Sony phone).

17. fchowd0311

Unfortunate.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This, made the switch right after the iPhone 5 came out and haven't looked back.

Recently I've purchased an iMac along with a couple of partners for business reasons, so far we haven't even used it much and I'm already in love.
    Current saving to move my entire rig at home from Windows over to Apple.

The commercials for the S6 Edge look pretty cool though.

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Micromanaging devices to get them to perform is the epitome of Android. I don't see myself going back to them anytime soon.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol OP is just a r****d hater

Galaxy phones are GOAT