1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sampson as the coach so far....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Coach Sampson cares too much about immediate wins. Can I say he is too speculative?

2. nono

nono Member

Does McHale even want to come back ? I know he has suffered a big loss, but he doesn't seem in a hurry to return to coaching.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes I'm sure a lot of people are in a hurry to get back to their jobs after someone important in their lives passed away.

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

disgusting post

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Sampson has potential but really hasn't been that great. Honest, I'd think McHale would have done a similar job, since they both seem to have issues with play calling, making adjustments and knowing when to sub their starters and for which bench players.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why was this post disgusting?

Basically asking a good question.

We don't know if McHale wants to come back or not. It's one thing to lose an older relative, but to lose a child is entirely different story.

McHale has 4 other kids and he may not want to come back. Basketball means being away from your family and at this point and time of his life he maybe thinking about spending more time with his family.

So I don't understand why this was a disgusting post.

T_Man

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

In the real world you're only allowed 3 days of mourning and they required you to go back to work.

I am not saying that this should apply to coach Machale. I am just merely pointing out the reality in the corporate world.

My apologies if this offends anybody.

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

It was a good question, but some people may find it a little insensitive or maybe it could have been worded differently?

Everyone deals with grief in a different way. When I lost my loved one, I took one day off to make funeral arrangements and went back to work. I found it easier that way because work helped take my mind off my lost and I was surrounded by friendly co-workers (only a few knew what happened).

For me, grieving is not something that you can "take some time off and get it over with". It's a slow slow process and there will be set backs.

For coach McHale, he may want to get back to work, but his wife and four other children probably need him. I hope they find a way to stay together and support each other while coach can continue coaching. Maybe move to Houston together? It's a beautiful city.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He has no philosophy to die for. Do whatever the **** you want. Play hotman the entire game. Harden create open set shots for all our role players.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sampson did a pretty good job as coach.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

Simple truth.

BTW, I notice that the vast majority of the "Sampson sucks" contingent are 2012ers.
    Their most common rationale: Sampson sucks because.....Jeremy Lin.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sampson >>>> McFail

We lost this game because of him.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol

"SAMPSON BAD COACH HE NO PLAY JEREMY LIN. MCHALE BETTER"

12/8/12 McHale comes back, plays J-Lin 18 minutes.

"MCHALE BAD, FIRE HIM"