1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Smith: Rockets "quietly sending out signals they’d trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Mar 11, 2013.

1. lwlee

lwlee Member

Clippers are a bunch of athletic freaks, CP3 being one. That team suits him better. As for Clippers trying to trade for Lin/Asik, that's just silly. The scrutiny on Lin would be intolerable, in trying to replace CP3. And who starts between DeAndre Jordan and Asik? I think it would be a bad choice to make Asik a backup again.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

why do we have to explain this when the entire world know cp3 is a free agent.

I am sure no one thought lebron would get traded for a handful of crappy picks and a giant trade exception either did we.... :rolleyes:

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Parsons is untouchable right now because he's cheap. Asik does average a double double, and that's 11.8 rebounds! As slow as he may seem to be, he runs full court to fight for rebounds at both ends, quite often. After all, we only pay him 8 million a year.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its not really news, but its obvious that Howard is the target and with the pace and play of Harden, they need a little more money. Brooks has a small deal in case they move lin. Asik can get a really good pick out the deal. Brooks,Harden,Parson,D-mo,Howard is a contender to me. I'm not saying they will win the title,but they would challenge okc in the west. I don't think Houston can have 3 max players,but having 2 plus other guys like parsons playing at a high level is cool.

5. megastahr

I posted a whole list of reasons why....

It would be a chance to form big 3... We could force sign and trades with our capspace to land cp3, howard, and harden...along with cheap contract and star of parsons. Tons of young players and above average players on min contracts.

Basically not only can we form a super team which no one else can...we can put the pieces around it to make it work.

We have one of the best gms in nba...clippers have one of the worst.
    One of the best owners they have one of the worst.

All clippers have is blake...and our team totally trumps that.

Harden being his friend is just an added bonus.

A team of

Cp3
    Harden
    Parsons
    T-rob/dmo
    Howard

Is one of the best if not the best in the league. Then leave it to morey to build around them.

6. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

No doubt Morey would trade everybody but Harden and Parsons. Harden is a future top 10 guy (not yet because of his marginal D) and Parsons contract reeks of value (unless of course the move is to get Howard or Paul).

Before the Harden trade, Asik and Lin were probably going to be "cornerstones", but now that Morey was able to work his magic, Lin and Asik are no longer the guys to build around.

Both are definitely in demand and probably would be put in better situations anyway.

^^^all of this, of course, has probably been posted and reposted before.

7. st1sj

st1sj Member

I'm not so sure that Chris Paul and James Harden will play well together. Both guys need the ball, and there is only one ball. Watch the Clippers and see how much Paul dominates the ball--difficult to see Harden producing at his current level without running the offense.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. real_egal

I don't think it's too much of an upgrade defensive wise comparing to current roster, at least not for perimeter. How are you going to challenge OKC if no one can guard WB and KD?

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I'd be astonished if you could name 10 players playing at a higher level than Harden this year.

11. real_egal

In other words, getting CP3 is actually dependent on whether we are getting Howard, and likewise for getting Howard? Do you really think that's a very convincing case to either of them? BTW, Houston isn't a media attraction center either.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for big 3 or 4, just don't see it as remotely close to be realistic.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

If Houston has Paul, Howard and Harden it would most definitely be a "media attraction center".

Miami was not on the media's map either back when they were trotting our Ronny Seikly or even Tim Hardaway,

That said, I don't think they'll be getting either one of those players -- this is just more of a point of order post.

13. megastahr

I do actually. I think we are attractive to them as individuals.....but I think we are the most attractive team in the nba to them as a group.

Its like selling lebron on playing with the dismantled heat with just wade...or selling bosh on it. There were plenty of better situations... but it was selling them on playing together.

I am sure they have all already at least discussed it. Just like lebron and wade and bosh had.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Moving Lin is a no brainer, but I didn't expect them looking for a home for Asik. Either they have had discussions with agents and feel good about thier chances or just lining up logistics if Howard commits.

Both guys are part of a path that we were on BEFORE we landed Harden.

15. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Lin won't be traded. Les wants him.

1 person likes this.
  16. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Because its harden/Jefferson/Howard/Mchale and theirs was kobe/pau/Bynum/Jackson

That's a huge difference.

17. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Also group that includes kobe has that going for them. I love harden, but kobe is the black mamba.

18. megastahr

my point is I do not feel cp3 is oblivious to the rockets situation and the fact that he could play with harden howard.

I am sure he knows and is weighing that against staying in LA...even now. So when free agency hits....hes not just gonna be like...wait so your saying you could get me and howard....wow.

They all know.

19. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Houston's homers way overrate harden. Until he starts playing some defense, he is not elite. His defense is not even average. The potential is there but the effort is not. As for harden being a cash cow, not so much. Harden's game is not that fun to watch. He shoots 3s, drives to the basket and spends most of his time at the free throw line. Extremely efficient but not exciting. Trade Lin and once again Houston will become another tiny blip on the Nba radar. But trading Lin for a sharpshooter will benefit harden greatly. Lin's talents are under utilized at this point and not worth the money paid.

1 person likes this.
  20. lwlee

lwlee Member

In one of the ESPN interviews, maybe the MIT Sloan ones, Morey specifically said out of all the players he coveted, it was Asik, even moreso than Harden. It would take a blockbuster to move Asik.