1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Smith, Chi Trib: Rox Want to Trade Stro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apostolic3, Mar 6, 2006.

1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Then why doesn't he get any minutes. [​IMG]

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Does that include Rockets?

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i wouldn't trade swift for duhon but swift is far, far, far, far from untouchable.

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Good point.

Too bad I have less chance to see bc ESPN is screwing us out of town folks.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Swift for Duhon? I dont think that is enough from the Rockets perspective. You dont trade big for little unless the little player plays "big." Now, Swift for Hinrich or Gordon? Now we can talk. ;)

If I was going to move Swift, I would move him for a Swingman with size and not for a PG. There are some PGs available in FA if the Rockets really want to target them. Guys like Speedy Claxton or Bobby Jackson.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Great post. Couldn't have said it any better.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Is Speedy gonna be a FA? Hell, yes, go after him.

Chicago sportswriters and couch-potato point guards have been trashing Duhon's game lately. I don't know how much truth to ascribe to what I've read.

I agree about trading Swift for a swingman. It seems the most likely scenario. Color me crazy, but I'd see about trading Swift and our likely-lottery pick and maybe Luther (using our Moochie trade exception) for Richard Jefferson. The Nets need depth in a bad way, and we still have Spanoulis in the wings as possible backup at the point.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Have you seen Bowen play? Otherwise you would not make this comment. Hands down, I think he might be the least skilled non-center in the NBA who gets regular PT. Statistically he might be the very worst player in the NBA - it's a tight matchup between him and Rafeal Aruajo.

Norris was traded as an expiring contract, Baxter is simply better player than Bowen will ever be - which is saying something.

There's arguments for and against trading Wesley - he's been an unsung hero for the squad. Anyway, again most of his value is as an expiring contract to pick up some trading deadline day refuse - I'm not going to roast anybody for not trading him, nor am I going to jump for joy that he's around. I don't think it bears any relationship to Swift though.

Stromile's strengths include: playing 1 inch from the basket, and catching alley-oops and putbacks (when he can be bothered to actually play hard and rebound). Other than that I don't see much of an offensive skillset. Letting Tracy play SF is one thing, trying to feature a guy like Swift whose weapons (and work ethic) are severely limited is quite another.

Anyway, you think this is the first place/coach where Swift has underachieved? Ha ha, ask Hubie Brown, Mike Fratello, Jerry West, etc.

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Bowen's contract in NIL. Moochie's was big. No skin off our backs keeping Bowen.

Lonnie Baxter is a big body that teams can use. Bowen...not so big.

He makes something like 400k. Lets hear your proposal about who we would get in return for 400k.

Since the injuries healed, we are playing +700% and Yao is playing his best ever. Seems like JVG is doing just fine.

Also, after the trade dealine last season, we played >700% as well. Seems like we was utilizing the talent just fine then too.

#29 krosfyah, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I agree, I consider Duhon to a really good backup and not a starter. Granted, you can probably make the same case about Swift but as always, we can always be teased by Swift's potential and "What could be someday" while Duhon has already peaked.