1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam McGuffie to start for Michigan tomorrow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wesnesked, Aug 29, 2008.

1. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Heard it earlier on 610. Sounds like he'll be splitting carries with someone else. Game starts at 2 on ESPN2

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cool.

local kid famous for being on youtube.

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Can't wait to see this highly hyped "white Reggie Bush" :D

(I'm assuming everyone has seen his mixtape)

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let me be the first to suggest that trying to jump over college level cornerbacks probably isn't wise.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That would be funny to see him try some of those high school moves in college.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery one has seen the original tape, plus the mixtape.

his senior year sucked, but his junior year kicked ass.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The game should be on ESPN2 tomorrow at 2:30.

8. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i went and saw him play at reliant...i believe it was last year or the year before and i just remember him scoring in about 15 seconds into the game....another player to watch out for is Bo Snelson, a senior, who plays for Pasadena Memorial i believe he's committed to the naval academy.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Okay, I don't know why people assume he will be dumb enough to hurdle college players like he did in HS; plus-and Sam has said this himself-its beginning to get old mainly because thats all the media knows about and just hype it up, ignoring the fact that he's a FAST and EXPLOSIVE (white) RB, which mind you is a rarity.

10. MadMax

I don't assume he'll do anything. I saw him try to do it vs. stratford the first game of the year last season, and it was quite clear they were anticipating it...because they put him flat on his back.

I was joking to begin with. I don't anyone is ignoring that he's a tremendous athlete.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ummmm...I listened to John and Lance this morning. They said it before you did. :p :cool:

12. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Check out Brian Leonard vid's on youtube. He played for Rutgers. You'll see some hurdles in college.

13. MadMax

Were they saying it last year??? :)

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I'm not sure if he started, but Jacquizz Rodgers from Lamar Consolidated, got a lot of playing time for Oregon State in a loss to Stanford the other night. I think he's the states all-time leading rusher or td guy, I can't remember.

15. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I'm a Cy-Fair alum, so I'm curious to see this kid play. I'm keeping up with the game on espn gamecast and noticed he had a 20+ yard scamper on his 2nd carry. (I don't have cable) :( Anyways, if anyone can fill me in on what's going during the game that would be nice.

16. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

correction: that was from his receiving totals.

17. Cannonball

It's been rough for Michigan. A lot of passing out of the spread, not a lot of running. McGuffie only has 4 touches. On one of his first touches he tried to spin out of a tackle and got stuffed after a 1 yard gain. On another, he had nowhere to go and tried to cut it back but got stuffed again. He lost a few more yards trying to do that.

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

If only Michigan would have a better QB, their RB's will dominate, especially Shaw and Mcguffie.

I think they need to get Mcguffie out in space more instead of having him run of shotgun spread formations. He has shown that he has the ability to make people miss and explosiveness.

19. Cannonball

Oops. Fumble. McGuffie thought it was a handoff. Sheridan thought it was a fake handoff.

20. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

ABC just switched the USC vs. Virginia game to the Michigan vs. Utah game. Minutes later I saw McGuffie's first TD! :D It's cool to see a local on the national stage!