1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick on Lowe Post: Harden beaten by the flu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2017.

1. BackdoorHarden

10 years from now, we will find out he was drunk or on drugs.

Baron Davis was drunk and Don Nelson benched him during the last game of the season when the Warriors had a must win game to make the playoff

No one knew why Nelson benched Davis at the time

Does this story sound familiar????

"
    The big twist: After a horrendous first half out of Davis, Nelson benched Baron for the entire second half–and then the second half just happened to feature a furious GSW rally, some of the best Warriors defense and best activity of the season.

Coincidence? No. I’ve written endlessly about Davis’ talents and will to dominate… but he can be lousy, too, his lousiness usually spreads to the entire team when he’s lousy, and most of his coaches, from Nelson on backward have let him be lousy without question or comment. (Maybe a small shrug.)

Not tonight. In a game that the Warriors had to win to maintain the illusion of staying in the playoff race for one more night, Davis missed 11 of his 13 shot tries, didn’t do much on defense and was a -6 in the plus/minus in the first half.

Gone. Out. Not to come back. Somebody held BD accountable? And risked getting him mad? When he can opt out this summer? I wonder"

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. BackdoorHarden

We know the story, Warriors let their best player leave after winning 48 games, which was the highest total in 15 years. Then Drafted some kid name Curry.

"
    * Baron is the Warriors’ best player. No question. Without him, they’re a 35 to 40-win team, at best. Right now, they’re sitting on 48, which is a good season, period.

But he really wore down this season, and Don kept playing him, and BD had the excuse to stop playing defense… and maybe that wasn’t such a good idea all around.

This won’t endear me to Baron’s camp and oh well, that was out the window long, long ago. Possibly 10 or 11 years ago, actually.

He has the opt-out this summer, which, if he uses it, will erase the final year and $17.2M left on his contract and make him an unrestricted free agent.

Much had been assumed about his close relationship with Nelson, who did so much for Baron last year (and Baron for Nelson, in return). If Nellie’s back, and I’m assuming he is, wouldn’t it be natural for Baron to want to return to the Warriors?

Hmm. Tonight’s events make me wonder a bit."

3. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I had a feeling something was wrong when eric gordon caught the imbound pass during the last play and it turned into a jump ball during game 6. Something was just not right.

5. BackdoorHarden

apologize to Harden.

He wasn't drunk or drugged, he faced the Spurs.

Spurs = Greatest Franchise ever.

Unbelieveable.

Spurs are great, Rockets are great, but Spurs > than Rockets and Warriors.

Pop = greatest ever

I apologize to Harden. Spurs are damn and best ever

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Harden's flu was cured after the game downing patron at the club.

7. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

HE is right he had the flu.. AS IN ONE THAT FLEW OVER THE Cuckoo nest.. that is only type of flu he had..

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'll checked out Dunc'd On now - thanks for the recommendation!

malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

ferrari77 and Vivi like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

I'm sure the flu will be gone by end of october

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dunc'd On is the better podcast. Just hate the obvious Warriors bias.

malakas likes this.
  12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Cool - good pod. Will definitely make it required listening during the season. I think I had heard him on other pods, but never thought to check his own podcast. Ironically, they referenced the Amick/Lowe pod too - ha! I do agree that they sometime go a little too far into inane topics on the Lowe Post - I wouldn't say the quality has declined significantly though, but he has definitely become a little more annoying. I always took that as Lowe trying to channel more of a 'podcast personality' like Bill Simmons - possibly because of pressure from his bosses. He does seem to be making a concerted effort to be more entertaining and clearly it's a fail because that isn't his natural shtick...he's a hoops nut and should geek it up and stick to what he does best even if that makes him appear a little more awkward with the "hot take" crowd. .

malakas likes this.
  13. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Harden didn't have the flu, he was the flu.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone keeping a master conspiracy theory list of Harden's ailments going? I would be curious to see a comprehensive list in one place

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, it would include:

a) The flu
    b) Concussion
    c) Exhaustion
    d) He was on his period
    e) He wanted his teammates to step up and quit relying too much on him so he deliberately didn't shoot much, if at all
    f) He got misty-eyed and brain-rattled by memories of Khloe Boo-Tay
    g) He just flat-out quit because he wanted to go "get his drank on"
    h) He threw the game for money; see also, "Yard, The Longest"

Mr. Clutch, malakas and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread; deserves its own poll.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Your forgetting Stephen A said someone slipped something in his drink.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Either way , ultimate blame falls on the coach .

Either he is sick/ drugged/ apathetic and you bench him ...

Or he is fine but is just playing poorly ... And you bench him .

Dantoni relied on James this whole season to bail his ass out and make him look good again.

Mchale at least had the balls to play a lineup that working ... James responded in game 7 and played great in the next series ( until he broke down) Anyone saying otherwise is revisionist history .

James didn't get mchale fired . Mchale got mchale fired by not running an NBA training camp and no one on the team was ready to start the season ... Not just James .

19. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

yes something went down all right. harden sucked and d'antoni was pissed.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden beaten by weak heart.