1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick on Lowe Post: Harden beaten by the flu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19366888

Sam Amick, who "embedded" with the Rockets briefly during the series was on Zach Lowe's podcast. He raised the prospect that a flu may have something to do with Harden's Game 6? He had it earlier-- perhaps it got worse after getting exhausted at the end of Game 5?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I prefer the Alien explanation.

More respectable.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Excuse after excuse coming in.

What next? Harden got heartbroken that the stripper he order had a 42" Booty and not a 50" like he had requested....

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No more excuses....but certainly something was amiss with James Harden, and I don't think he was beaten by "Getting His Drink On".

To not even attempt shots during the first half......yeah, something was off.

Lawlruschang, Vivi and DreamShook like this.
  6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

august: harden kidnapped and replaced by clone in game 6?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden looked like a completely different player out there, no flu could make him look the way he was looking.

He looked lifeless. I said during the game that he was out there looking like he had just suffered some serious family tragedy right before the game had started and didn't know how to deal with it. That's how bad it was.

adw, Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Agent Orange in the background.

10. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

What blows this theory apart is that he went out to party at clubs later that same night and looked fine.

If he was sick, I don't think he would be up for going out and would have wanted to rest and take it easy. We've all had the flu and I bet none of us want to go clubbing while sick.

#10 celebrevida, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

No. MDA said Harden was fine. Also, Harden felt well enough to hit the clubs after the game.

Sometimes there is no excuse.

Nook and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he had the blue flu

13. malakas

malakas Member

bullcrap.
    btw I tried to listen to that podcast yesterday but I found it way too boring and couldn't even listen it to the end. Lowe's podcasts have fallen in quality imo.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't believe this for one second, but pretend he was extremely sick, still not an excuse not to shoot the ball. No excuse covers not shooting the ball.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

but there is with this one, at least for harden defenders. hepl them find an excuse! i have no proof that aliens even exist so i doubt they shoved an anal probe up his ass

i dont think he was kidnapped but its possible. anything's possible

maybe the game we saw, wasnt the game we think we saw? some kinda parallel universe sht. maybe the real james harden isnt even on this planet! ****in crazy

16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Walkins told something he was worried about Hardens healt, before game 3.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Growing up in Compton, Kawhi Leonard is a secret member of the crips. Kawhi called on his boys to kidnap Harden's mom and hold her ransom unless he allowed the Spurs to win the series.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

alethios and Baqui99 like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know it's weird. But it just isn't Harden not to even shoot. So I have to leave speculation open with, "Something was amiss." Which can cover any sort of contingency, I suppose. I wasn't super-salty right after the game, just shaking my head in full "WTF" mode; but I'm willing to wonder if there's something else besides "he was hung over" or (this one's ridiculous) "he was paid off". Exhausted? Sick?

The problem is, when Harden plays poorly, the rest of the team often doesn't step it up. Anderson and Ariza, the whole Hee Haw gang, even Beverly, fold like lawn chairs.

topfive and malakas like this.
  20. Know Your Role

If he were sick, he needed to tell coach that he's sick and can't go. Regardless, his play crippled the team and was inexcusable.