1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: Melo and Lebron interested in joining forces

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 10, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nobody is going to give Bosh $20 million/yr either. He can't be the 2nd best player on a championship contender. He's too old and not productive enough.

OK, maybe desperate, lesser franchises like the Bucks or Bobcats would do something crazy like that.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No way that happens. Alot of players talk about taking less, but taking nearly 35 to 40% less is just out of the question for anyone in any job.

More than likely these players haven't even really sat down with their agents to figure out if its even possible from a salary cap perspective.... I mean.... they are in the middle of the freaking finals trying to 3 peat.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. If Lebron, Wade and Bosh hadn't won a title I'd believe it but they all got what they wanted and I'm sure they are thinking about money.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who plays PF, neither of them like to.

DD

5. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Neither of them have to if they don't want to, do they? Melo and Lebron can be the 2 and the 3. Lebron can guard SG's and the bigger SF's while Melo takes the easier assignment. Both can shoot.

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Melos playing Pf for some time now.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I'd rather see LeBron go to the Knicks and play with Melo than watch them play in LA.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sensitive Nature = Tampering . .. . .

Rocket River

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I really don't know, does Amick have a good track record on rumors like this?

Anyways this actually sounds like a decent possibility; it seems like a good solution for Lebron and Melo going forward even though I can't stand Melo.

Oh BTW, I'd like to see how Melo plays defense w/ Lebron. Finally someone who will hold him accountable that he respects.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Lakers going slow with coaching search in effort to land LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony this summer

<a href="http://t.co/XMm4oVtsCy">http://t.co/XMm4oVtsCy</a></p>&mdash; Eye on Basketball (@EyeOnBasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/EyeOnBasketball/statuses/476376145735467008">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: LeBron James 'interested' in playing with Carmelo Anthony through free agency

<a href="http://t.co/sBCjcjoH86">http://t.co/sBCjcjoH86</a> Not exactly breaking but still</p>&mdash; Eye on Basketball (@EyeOnBasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/EyeOnBasketball/statuses/476382617282281473">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Total pipe dream scenario
    We trade lin picks and jones etc to the knicks for Mello
    Then
    Trade dwight to Miami plus picks etc for LeBron

Lineup

Asik
    Mello
    LeBron
    Harden
    Beverly

Bench
    Daniels
    Covington
    Canaan
    Plus the MLE and minimum salary vets ( shouldn't be a problem with the best big 3)

Like I said total pipe dream but I do believe Morey will try his best to get it done
    I heard a rumor a year ago that we would try to trade dwight to Miami for LeBron if LeBron were to think about opting out.
    We shall see can't wait til july

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Bet you the Rockets will offer him that if Melo's off the table and Bosh isn't going to stay in Miami.

13. conquistador#11

remember when harden was on the team? jejejejeje

c-dwight
    pf-carmelo
    sf-lebron
    sg-parsons (why not? he guards pgs anyways
    pg-Lowry.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Actually, I think it was in the moments right before and during. :grin:

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rockets have the foundation to land these guys. Free that cap space as intended, sign one of those guys, then deal Harden for the other. Almost too easy.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wow if Miami assembles a big four I'm going to be pissed.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

.... um

[​IMG]

18. Play07

Play07 Member

I don't care if Morey has to get rid of harden & Howard to get melo & Lebron here. Make it happen !!

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I wonder if they realize there are other teams in the NBA. All the superstar speculation revolves around the glamor teams -- Miami, LA, NY. Chicago has a team too, you know!

Anyway, this is all rubbish linking the biggest names to the biggest teams to drive clicks. Melo can't go to Miami without knocking out one of the Big 3. No one is going to bail out Kobe in LA -- he's declining on the court, and isn't friends with anyone either.

The only realistic superteam scenario I see is Lebron ditching Wade and Bosh in 2015 to move to greener pastures -- but not Cleveland; he's never going back there.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would be ok just to lure Lebron and Bosh.....with Dwight.

Get Lowry, Jimmy Butler type- Sefolosha, Aflalo, (Green),or stick with Daniels

not too old, young veterans