1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: JaVale McGee freed from Philly, Houston among potential destinations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It'd be interesting to see how McGee influenced their chemistry.

Like pouring sugar into a fine tuned sports car.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wouldn't mind him. DMo just can't defend legit centers. Mozgov looked like Kareem in the first half yesterday.

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

While I would've jumped at this weeks ago, when Dwight is back, D-Mo can be a back-up 4/5. While I'm not thrilled, with Josh next to him as a shot blocker, we will be fine. McGee is just too dumb.

4. fattz

fattz Member

The biggest flaw has been his contract, if he takes a 2 year minimum contract that the same as a 2M/per (1/2 going to Dorsey) for a 7 foot backup that has experience. He plays hard (which most of us can live with) but tries to do to much. If he understands his role then just plays his role. We may have something positive here. Maybe KMH can reach him. We are in need of his skill set, plus he will be a backup at best here. Why not if we get minimum?

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Shocked by the percentage of posts that agree it is a good idea to pursue this utter buffoon. Average teams play guys like this to give each other someone to laugh at as there season dribbles away.

Not sure where the Dmo hate is from, the guy is a PF who has done a tremendous job covering for Jones and Dwight. He gives us finesse and intelligence, center is not his natural position. Yeah he gets bullied around a bit, but there is where Jones, Smith and when he gets back, Howard comes in.

Who the **** is McGee, a laughing stock who can finish some dunks and block some shots, he isn't a serious, legit defender. He is the who trips over because he choose to where two left shoes.

There are NBA players out there who you would take over Dmo but McGee, you guys have gone bonkers to consider this fool. There are posts about using stretch provisions and ****. No, no provision, no money, on contract. Let some other fools pick him up.

1 person likes this.
  6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

His advanced stats is actually pretty good for a backup.

7. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

McGee coming to Houston would be like cheat codes. Potential League MVP and Shaqtin A Fool MVP.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would rather have Dorsey.

9. CertifiedTroll

He is soooo dumb, but at least he is happy dumb and not angry dumb. Welcome to the team JaVale the goof.

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We could use a couple of more face Palm moments

11. hakeemthagreat

First off, cool story bro. Second, youre overrating DMo and he can NOT guard legit bigmen. So you have Dwight & Dorsey (complete scrub) as your only centers in a conference full of HUGE frontlines. If you're gonna convince me we're better off with Joey Dorsey then there's no hope you as a Rocket fan. We need size & reassurance if Dwight's not 100%. Calling players dumb that can help us just makes you look dumb when they come here and play well. See Josh Smith

At backup center
    McGee>>>>>>>Dorsey, Dmo, Capela

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We'd be on Shaqtin a Foo all the time with idiots like JaVale and our already low IQ overall.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He's a potato, DO NOT WANT

Really he's an idiot, takes stupid shots, goaltends almost everything, thinks he has handles,....

He can rebound but we are better off without him

1 person likes this.
  14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

McGee is not even a mentally capable person. Dorsey at this stage is miles ahead despite being undersized.

1 person likes this.
  15. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Yea it can be rough watching D Mo getting backed into the post and going up soft, but my real problem is his rebounding. Yesterday, for example, Prigioni was able to match D Mo's rebounding numbers in 6 minutes of action...

Having said that, Smoove wasn't getting any boards either. Idk. I would have loved to trade for McGee/Lawson at the deadline but Dorsey actually hasn't looked bad lately. At the same time he seems to have fallen out of the rotation. Tough decision here.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I rather sign him so he can't sign anywhere else.

17. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I don't think they are willing to cut Dorsey and if they weren't confident about Dwight's return then I would think they would pick him up. Otherwise just seems pointless. We have been playing great and I think we will do so until Dwight gets back as long as everyone else stays healthy.

And maybe before every game we should get someone to show up and pin Bev down on the floor to piss him off so we can have some decent PG play!

18. fattz

fattz Member

He has talent and size that is undeniable. He is better than Dorsey in the role that Dorsey plays now that is undeniable, too. He makes a list of dumb plays and Tbeet like in many ways, too. He tries to do to much like trying to go coast to coast or setting up the fast break --> most of the bloopers.

In a set role, in a set role, in a set role. He will find success. Even Tbeet got some successful burn on playoff team in a set role.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

Wasn't the playoff eligibility deadline eight hours ago? Have we heard anything?

20. hakeemthagreat

Stop it, stop it. Just stop it. Joey Dorsey is pure trash. McGee's athleticism & ability to finish above the rim alone makes him more valuable to the team. Have you seen the countless layups Dorsey's missed under the rim? Smh. Stop judging a player's character off highlights. McGee is a mobile, shotblocking center with size that can finish above the rim. The Rockets NEED that as reassurance if DH's not 100%