1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: JaVale McGee freed from Philly, Houston among potential destinations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Harden
    Howard
    Ariza
    Beverley
    Jones
    DMo
    JSmoove
    Brewer
    Terry
    Prigioni
    Dorsey
    Papanikoloau
    Capella
    Johnson
    McDaniels

I don't want to dump anybody for McGee. Whether it be for potential, expiring contract, or sheer talent, I like the guys who are currently on our roster. The chemistry is good, and James Harden has only begun to get cookin'.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

****, there's no room!

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

n/m just cut dorsey. im ok with keeping both of them but we have to cut someone tog et mcgee so dorsey it is

4. knucklehead3321

Would we really keep dorsey past the offseason anyways? He plays hard, but I just dont see him as an NBA player. One has to think we would try and upgrade the C postion he would obviously be the odd man out especially if we draft or sign a C with NO pick or FA. Couldn't we just buy him out so he doesnt count against the cap? Or would he still coumt against the cap?

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Do we really think Sam Hinkie would let McGee go if he knew he would sign with Dallas or Spurs, only decreasing his buddy Morey and former team of 7 years that gave him an opportunity of winning a title? It will be us or an east team. Milwaukee perhaps?

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i'd rather have a 7 foot version of dorsey than a 6'9. rockets desperately need size, dorsey ddint pan out. only 2-3 months. cmon morey go hard after mcgee

never know if someone will pick him up

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

We won't sign McDaniels aniway for new contract, dump him to make our team better.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

McDaniels is clearly part of our future plans. Why would Morey trade Canaan and an early 2nd round pick if he didn't plan on re-signing him?

9. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

With McGee on the team, my concerns for the size of DeAndrea, LaMarcus, and even the health Dwight Howard is GREATLY diminished!!

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

We in championship mode in next 5 years, no overrated rookies that are coming from awful teams with below average stats are in our plans. Sure, if no other team will give him more than 1M/y then we keep him, but I doubt we pay him more...

We have Ariza all through 17/18 season, also Brewer for 15/16, Papa on team option for next year. He won't get any playing time, why should we keep him?

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I bet he's going to Dallas. He will have significant minutes there and he's the perfect Brandon Wright replacement.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Brewer has waived that player option so he may be gone after this season. Papa will get waived. Also if Brewer stays, I think there's a good chance that Ariza gets traded if Morey is serious about making a run for Durant in 2016.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

We asked him to decline player option, cause it was 5M$. We still could sign him...

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Yes, but other teams could pry him away.

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

:grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, thank you.

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

For all his flaws, you simply can't teach size and length. With us, it will be his first taste at winning which can the ultimate motivation to change. If we can keep Josh Smith in check, I think we can do the same with McGee. I can't believe I'm saying this but with Dwight out, we kind of need a Javale McGee...

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Anything to keep Mcgee away from GS.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Can't wait for Javale to sign with the Rockets so we can be on every highlight reel of Shaq'tin a Fool.

Seriously, This guy has such a low IQ it could potentially hurt our chances in the playoffs

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

Rotation is pretty set isn't?
    Whose minutes is he taking?
    Besides do we really want a shaqtin the fool hall of famer on our team? We are just starting to get respect.