1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: JaVale McGee freed from Philly, Houston among potential destinations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Prigioni would immediately see time if Bev or Terry were to get hurt. My guess is that is the reason he was brought in. His insurance and asset value are pretty good.

With Dwight back you would need probably 2 of our rotation bigs to get hurt for Dorsey or McGee to see any minutes in the playoffs anyway.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are more optimistic than I am on acquiring McGee. But I hope you are right.

Another option is Larry Sanders. Knowing Morey he wants no part of a player with mental health or motivation issues, but I would reach out to Larry Sanders and make sure to go through proper due diligence on a player who could tip scales in our favor.

Unlike McGee, Sanders has proven he can be a beast on the boards as well as protect the rim. Sanders' energy and productivity would be an even better fit on that 2nd unit. Morey could convince Sanders to have a go at it in post season, go out on top. Ring is the thing.

3. basketballholic

Wow. Larry Sanders.

Wouldn't that be the shot heard around the world?

I have thought up until now that Sanders was an impossibility. Since he's pretty much ruled himself out with his own statements. But that dude is probably the best rim/paint defender walking the streets. And there's a good chance that's exactly what he's doing, walking the streets with a can of spray paint.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate kick to the nuts of our opponents? Sign Sanders, Dwight comes back, 48 minutes of defensive hell?? That's crazy. (now do it)

4. knucklehead3321

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't sanders ruled out playing this season. I'd love to thoroughly check him out in the summer.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes he has, but Morey has iPads. Convince Larry Sanders to play ONE postseason then leave the game forever. Like Mike, like Jim Brown, like Elway, go out on top on your own terms, with a championship.

6. knucklehead3321

LMAO iPads... that should land us mcgee...for sure. I think to get larry to play this year, we'd need an endless supply of synthetic urine and Colorado's finest green....that just might do it. Larry will be back, I have no doubt...or at least make an attempt to. I think he's enjoying his $$$, and untill it runs out he won't get serious about a comeback. Who knows he could have "blown" it already...literally and figuratively. I serious doubt he can pass a drug test right now nothing against smoking a little, but I have a hunch thats ALL hes been doing since his buyout, and it just stays in your system too long. I think thats why he's ruled out this year. Hopefully he cleans up by the offseason I'd be stoked to get him.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Javale and Terrence form a team to stomp the bums of this league

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Nick Johnson's salary is fully guaranteed through 2017.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Why?

Well he certainly won't be getting cut.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thread still going, huh...

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But-- would you trust him?

What -- would allow you to trust him?

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Does he expect to sign with a playoff team last minute and still expect to get playing time?

13. knucklehead3321

Maybe, maybe not I definitely wouldn't give him a lomg contract, or one worth alot of money... maybe even imcentive based. Guys can overcome things, look at chris anderson... then again he could be another royce white.

Sydeffect this is typical birdbrain mcgee we are talking about... he would have been smart to sign with us while dwight was out... especially if PT was a factor.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

And we could have used him against Utah, Memphis and Portland. McGee would be an upgrade over Dorsey without a doubt, but Sanders (if motivated) would significantly tip the scales in Rockets favor in the postseason.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wise to sign here IF he is serious about studying with Hakeem, KMc, CD. And improving his craft.

16. knucklehead3321

Definitely so, he has a history with hakeem and all. I gotta say the dumbest thing hes done, maybe ever...is wait this long to sign SOMEWHERE..yes, philly is paying him ALOT to not play. No matter how you look at it, he could be making more money, anywhere not just here... He's so determined for a player option next year, he's not realizing the season is over just sign for the rest of the season SOMEWHERE showcase what you've got, and find a good long contract in the summer. The longer he stays out the less valuable, and relevant he becomes IMO.

17. hakeemthagreat

Seems we have no interest in getting a quality bigman before the playoffs. Disappointing knowing how small we are when Dwight goes out. Morey hasn't paid attention to the other teams in the West

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What quality big man is available?

McGee is a project, he ain't no quality big man.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

I agree, but will add that a 7 year NBA guy still being a project is a problem.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Who cares. He's tall and can at least get in the way and lay out some hard fouls.