1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salt Lake City is VERY SALTY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares? Utah is a gorgeous place, but some of their people are ---- well ---- off their ****ing rocker.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would add Kobe to that list as well.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just finished reading that excrement, written by a fellow who "teaches writing" at Salt Lake City Community College, and it was a real chore to plow through, as you discovered, but I managed it. What a mish-mash of unadulterated nonsense! I feel sorry for his students at the community college. Surely they deserve better than this confused hack. You're right. I certainly couldn't make this up, and I've been told over the years in "real life" that I have quite an imagination.

Everyone should be sure to listen to @Clutch's new podcast. He gives MK Bower, truly an excellent fellow with an equally excellent knowledge of the game, free reign to express his opinions after game one - on the game and on other pertinent subjects. What stood out to me was his opinion that we are seeing the increasing impact of social media on today's NBA in how the MVP voting is playing out, particularly how Harden is being portrayed by social media. This "reportage" is a perfect example. Sure, this guy, in the greater scheme of things, is barely above being a non entity, but the combined weight of similar opinions, portrayed as facts, of course, adds up and makes an impact.

What a world.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@Deckard

I won't quote the whole thing , but I think information transfer is a fascinating idea .

This guy having opinions like this is crazy , but what's crazier is that he has an audience. It may not be a big one , but maybe someone in that group starts repeating it to people that will listen to him lol . It diffuses on down .

Social media takes that process and speeds it's up 100k times lol

napalm06 and Handles like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's part of what MK was expressing on @Clutch's podcast, in my opinion. One could say it's one of the pebbles rolling down the mountain that becomes an avalanche. Insignificant by itself, but playing it's part in the disaster, the disaster, in this case, being the accumulated distortion of the truth, in my opinion.

Almost time for the game!

napalm06, Handles and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I love messing with the editors heer

topfive likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

BamBam likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It is disgusting

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Wrong.

Posts like this are as dumb as this article. Get out of moms basement. My wife who is a black, born and raised Houstonian has loved the past 3 years living here in Utah... Same with our mixed kids.

I'm trying to move back to Houston but it's not me putting up the fight to stay here...

And we will be at the game Saturday night with our Rockets gear.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've decided all these people have a point. It's probably not fun for them to watch James Harden...

STOMPING THEIR FAVORITE TEAM'S ASS INTO THE GROUND.

#71 Williamson, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's weird for that article to come out after 2 games in which Harden has shot 7 free throws...combined. They once again make the argument that he takes too many free throws, draws too many fouls, is getting away with traveling...

D-rock likes this.
  13. SORF

SORF Member

What a piece of crap. I wonder how much he was paid per word for that diarrhea of the keyboard?

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sigh.

1. Jazz had more FTA than Rockets this past season.
    2. Karl Malone was known for drawing fouls with pump fakes and an array of feints. In fact, he led the league in FTA for 7 seasons. He then would annoying take 25 seconds to shoot each FT.
    3. They tried to cheat so hard they didn't started the clock on an inbounds play to win a playoff game...

D-rock, Jake Tower and DreamQuake like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It shows that neither article on Harden is objective but rather it's bias against him. Basically Harden's reputation precedes him.

Harden travelled once against Utah on that step back, but yet it is spun as illegal. The drawing of contact and fouls is another part of this mythology when in fact Harden draws fouls at the same rate as Kobe, MJ, or Lebron. It's all myth meant to be able to dismiss someone they don't want to respect. It's fascinating.

Wooderson likes this.