1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salary dump suggestion that irked me...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Q: What do you think of signing Josh Boone and re-signing Marquis Daniels? What are the Celtics going to do with Sheed's contract? I'm scared about this talk from Pierce that Sheed should come back. What do you think of trading Sheed's contract to Houston for Shane Battier? -- Chris (Burlington, Vt.)

Boone: As our good friend Zach Lowe of CelticsHub points out, Boone might be the best remaining rebounder among the free agents. What's more, he's likely to come cheap, and he has a history with new Celtics top assistant Lawrence Frank in New Jersey. While Boone's offensive game is cringe worthy at times, I think having him as your Shelden Williams-like fourth or fifth big with a focus on defense and rebounding wouldn't be a bad thing.

Daniels: Tuesday, I made the case that another go-around with Daniels might be a worthwhile gamble. There's a lot of potential there, and with a defined role, I think Daniels could finally be the steal everyone thought he would be last year. It could also blow up in Boston's face all over again, but the reasonable price tag would make me consider a return encounter.

Wallace: While we're left in the dark about Wallace's intentions, the Celtics must have some inclination. If they've just put a muzzle on Wallace and his agent until they facilitate a deal, then they're sitting pretty. If Wallace truly hasn't made up his mind, things likely won't come to a head until Ainge finds a potential trade partner. Again, the market is going to have to play out a bit more before we get that answer, but it's likely that Boston is targeting a big and/or a wing in any potential deal.

Battier: I think it's a perfect fit, and Houston certainly seems like a team that's going to be eager to shed money as the Rockets climb over the luxury tax threshold. Battier has the intangibles that teams really like (and an expiring contract that teams really, really like), so it's hard to gauge Houston's willingness to move him. You'd have to believe one of its wings will be on the market for the right price.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=5398198

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keep dreaming Boston Chowdahead. We ain't dumping Shane in no salary dump...

In the same mail bag, the writer doesn't believe that the Denver Nuggets would be willing to unload the toxic JR Smith in a salary dump. The very same Denver Nuggets who gave away Marcus Camby to the Clippers in a salary dump...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Is there any chance the Celtics get J.R. Smith from Denver for Rasheed's contract and a draft pick? -- Matt (Lowell)

A: This is one name that keeps popping up in the 'bag over and over again. I know the Nuggets are over the luxury tax threshold and would seem to be a potential trade partner, but I'm not certain the Nuggets would part with a player that can provide 15-plus points per game off the bench. That's a luxury few teams have and one the Celtics have been yearning for (though they certainly hope Robinson could be that type of guy).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I wouldn't trade JR Smith for Battier straight up much less give him away in a salary dump.

2. Francis 4 ever

I'd take Ariza for Sheeds corpse and a future first rounder (in as far future as we can convince them to take)