1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Safety Chris Harris released by Bears

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jev5555, Oct 27, 2011.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

no reason Harris can't improve our team. So outside of money.. it's probably Kubiak being a hard head.. you know kinda like starting a rookie corner the whole damn year while the ship sank while playing the violin all the way down.

#41 magnetik, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The more I read about him, the more pointed towards he is an in the box type safety like Bernard Pollard. That's not the type Wade likes but he still would have been infinitely times better than Shiloh Keo

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Guess they weren't willing to take on the rest of his current contract or however the waiver process works...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7161494/detroit-lions-claim-ex-chicago-bear-chris-harris

Good job again McClain, saying the Texans had zero interest. Spot on with that insight

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL Johnny Mac...

Anyway, the moves this offseason along with the trade for Mason and now the report that this cat was gonna visit the Texans should kill the meme that the Texans "never explore options."

I think I am an objective person. I've been critical of the Texans for things they've deserved it for, but people really need to get off the "they never do anything" stuff.

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

McClain always says the Texans have zero interest.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Agreed. And too many fans focus only on "splash" moves, too, and always disregard smaller but equally critical moves. For instance: the move from Turk to Hartmann has, IMO, upgraded the special teams. Any chance we'll see a thread about it? Nope. But that was an area of weakness last year and they have significantly addressed it.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, and Keo really killed us yesterday sitting on the sidelines the whole game.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'll agree that Hartmann has turned out to be an upgrade, but there was nowhere to go but up based on Turk's 2010 season. I wouldn't call Hartmann a great "find", though...he was a UFA and had been beaten out by Brad Maynard (Hartmann was released and then re-signed a week later after Maynard had a bad 4th preseason game and botched a FG hold).

That said, I think the Texans front office makes more effort than this board gives them credit for when it comes to free agents.