1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sad Times] Walmart Shelves Emptied in Food Stamp Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Oct 14, 2013.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Is that what poor people spend their money on? Luxury SUV's and refrigerators?

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

kind of like how you're assuming half of these people are driving $30k+ cars?

do you have something to back this up besides seeing one example or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

3. Buck Turgidson

Ahhhh, Louisiana. State motto "At least we're not Mississippi."

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

When did I say I've seen just one example? Oh, you're just making an assumption. If it didn't happen, they why when I Google "food stamp driving expensive cars" do all of these come up:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bP_izYhdehY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link for the video above if you want to read the article or comments

That's just page 1 of the search results.

Edit: Thought I'd add this one too, skip to 1:30 if you don't want to watch all of it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8sjlumw09_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24 pugsly8422, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh look, a racist douchebag.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So you stand by your statement that half of the people who use EBT drive Escalades or other vehicles over 30k?

Do you have anything other than a google search? Like you know... statistics?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Walmart employee: 'I thought there was a rolling blackout because everything was so dark in the store'.

1 person likes this.
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

oh ok, you're "multiple examples". obviously that means half of these people drive $30k+ cars

...oh wait, no it doesn't. extrapolating your "data" isn't an accurate representation of the whole population. it's an... wait for it... ASSUMPTION.

because the internet is full of clueless people who are easily manipulated by what they read on the internet via their google research.

also you use bill o'reilly as a source LOL that's all i need to know, i'm done with you now.

1 person likes this.
  9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

UNLIKELY

1 person likes this.
  10. pugsly8422

See post #15. I admitted I wasn't clear in my statement and could see how others could misunderstand it. What else should I do? Obviously that wasn't clear enough for you since you're still asking if I stand by my statement.

Oh sure, I have statistics right here where they called each person on food stamps and they honestly admitted the cost of each car they owned, or had cops stake out homes to record the cars being driven :rolleyes: I don't know what more you expect someone to come up with other than the statements of what multiple people have witnessed.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Anything they get out of this, even $0.01 on the dollar, is pure profit. Coming out of a jobless recovery, will the politicians support the bureaucrats crippling retail and starving the poor, or private enterprise still operating in the face of government "dysfunction?" And the lawyers, oh, the lawyers; will the shut-down government with a pending default have a bigger civil litigation budget; or the largest company in the history of the universe? No dog in this fight, but there are some magnificent bastards running Wal-Mart.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I've witnessed it as well. And they're talking on their iPhone or Galaxy Note 2 or S III as well...

Some people just want to turn a blind eye, and argue about whether the truth is real or not.

1 person likes this.
  13. pugsly8422

Ok, just like I told the other guy, I admitted in post #15 that I wasn't clear in my statement, and can see how others could misunderstand it, but you're still going on.

How are statements from other people assumptions? An assumption is saying that because search results come up, "the internet is full of clueless people who are easily manipulated by what they read on the internet via their google research." What does that have to do with what people have seen with their own eyes? If they've seen it with their own eyes, and post it, how have they been "manipulated" by what they have read on the internet?

Lol, way to get out of a debate, because you don't agree with a source I used that was broadcast on national television? Thanks for your expert opinion.

14. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

those guys all looked like they could have been barack's son, too bad george zimmerman wasn't working walmart security.

Id love to see the video of the reaction when EBT system began working and all the poor people ran out like bank robbers

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

So many assumptions in this thread. Remember, don't assume.

Because when you ass-ume, you go to the best ass thread and u and me be happy.

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Wow...

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

As someone who works in the ghetto and who isn't a completely stand-up citizen myself, I can attest to the rampant corruption and abuse from those getting food benefits. That said, I think similar abuses occur at all socioeconomic arenas. So I'm sympathetic to the observational arguments condemning these policy abusers, and do think many people jump to attack the generalizations way too often when the sad reality is that moral corruption among ghetto people is standard. All that said, it's even more annoying that pointing out such abuses brings out the loons like this guy, which undermines all the sympathy I had for the original argument.

18. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I used to do surveys for a local grocery store. Some ppl would have kids with Jordan's latest purses and very nice cars. Those were also the ones that complained about everything. When it came part to ask for their receipt you would see that they bought all that food with food stamps.

Not all but it was very common to see that.

19. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Lol at people getting all worked up over an Escalade.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

http://www.hiyoooo.com/