1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sad Story ::sniff sniff:: (Kobe and Joe Bryant)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shawndme7, Apr 29, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Wow...It's like kidrock8 automatically assumes that everyone will bash Kobe in this thread because he's mostly disliked on the board, so he goes into instant Kobe defender mode....kind of like whenever he sees a thread title with the words "Steve" or Francis" in it, he goes into automatic Steve hate mode....

Isn't there an official name for this ailment? :D

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's called A.S.S. (Automatic Suck-like-an-idiot Syndrome)

OK, the second "word" isn't very creative. But I just got up from bed. :D

#22 Easy, Apr 30, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2003
  3. HakeemdaDream

HakeemdaDream Member

I am going to laugh when she leaves him and takes all his money.
    should have married a finer girl.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree that the father's just being ignorant. I could understand(although certainly not condone) him acting that way when they were dating, but for God's sake, they're married with a kid now! Put your racist tendencies aside for the sake of your grandchild.

Oh and BTW, Kobe is a bonafide idiot if he didn't make this chick sign a prenup before getting hitched.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Father might be a racist, and if he is then he sucks. Then again, he might just think that his wife is a golddigger. Joe played in the league for a while so he has some experience with the golddiggers.

Seriously though, they were engaged when she was 18. I'm assuming they dated for a couple of months or so, meaning she could have been 17 when they met at the video shoot (mabye, mabye not). I don't have any kids, but I know if I do, my lil girl WILL NOT be at a video shoot with professional players when she is still in high school (once again, I'm assuming she didn't graduate yet). All the women after Kobe, and he winds up with a high-schooler that he met at a video shoot (i.e. bopperville). Mabye it is true love, but it's hard to tell when you are a multi-millionare.

How many people here were married at a fairly young age (under 20), or have some friends that were? Most 21 and under girls that I know ARE NOT ready to be married.

And Kidrock, at least read what people post before you go on a "stop bashing Kobe/Lakers" tirade. Geez.....you probably wish you were Vanessa. :)

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

....didn't her parent's get pissed off because they thought Kobe was banging her when she was underage?

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That sucks for Kobe. I wouldn't want my dad turning his back on me. Hope for the best.

I don't know about Kobe bashers, but the "always imitating Jordan" stuff irritates me. Especially if they're talking about how he plays. Wouldn't you guys want 7 footers trying to emulate Olajuwon? Kobe just does what works, and he's definately got his own flair.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How about the fact that Kobe sounds exactly like Jordan? Is that really neccessary?

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hmmm, Hot latin wife, NBA Champion, NBA Superstar...

Sounds like Daddy-O may have some jealousy issues.

Maybe I don't quite understand this fully... But in California, We are so multi-cultural that race is hardly ever an issue. Interracial relationships are everywhere here. I guess maybe its different if you come from somewhere where the Lines has cleary been drawn. Why would you totally abandon your son over something like that?

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And let's not forget he started wearing the same earrings as MJ a couple seasons ago. Can't wait to see the guy retire three times.

11. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Whatever works. Fans win if every NBA player aspired to be Jordan.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't buy the "sounds like Jordan" crap. Kobe is almost always smiling and grinning in his interviews, that's not something I remember Jordan doing. People are just always looking for an excuse to hate this guy and I don't know why. If he was a Rocket, would you guys even think any of the "wannabe Jordan" stuff?

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Francis did the same thing, he would have been bashed even harsher. :p

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't mind copying a player's effective moves, but don't steal his mannerisims. That's what Kobe does........

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's a challenge, and you know, we accept the challenge, and we need to be challenged, and we're going to have to rise to the challenge, and....it's just a challenge.

17. adrian

adrian Member

For those who have had the priviledge to do the dirty with a Hispanic Mamasita, well, yall can understand Kobe's decision.

Adrian

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hmmm...eerily similar story to mine...but my gf's dad is the racist prick.

19. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

I hate racism! I hate Kobe on the court but I feel sorry for him off the court! :D Poor Baby!:(

20. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

If the riff is just about her race then Kobes dad is a major A-Hole. However, i have a feeling it's got a lot more to do than just her race.