1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacrifice Game 5 to end Mchales coaching Career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 10, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For shame

OP is no better than Tmac in the Toronto game

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I have disgusted myself writing this, but at the same time its plain as day we need this guy out, anything to make this happen aim all in for .....Winning one more game this season does nothing for our future but darkening it more with the possibility of a goofball still being our coach....That i will not ever accept

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm torn on this.

No way the Rockets are winning a ring with McHale as head coach. But It's hard for me to watch them get destroyed.

If we were guaranteed to have him be gone, Absolutely. I'd love to see a real coach with this team.

4. thesimp

thesimp Member

I'd gladly take a 40-point beatdown Game 5 for McHale's termination.

Reality says we'll get blown out and McHale will still be retained.
    Damn, that's depressing.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

If McHale has any 'proud' left, he should 'fire himself' after this series ... :rolleyes:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe we can hire a good assistant coach like Dean Cooper?

DD

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's where I stand on this. If I had any faith in this team's ability to go into LA and win Game 6, I'd be rooting like hell for them to win tomorrow night and extend this series. But who are we kidding? Even if they do eek out a win in Game 5, it'll likely have way more to do with the Clippers getting overconfident than anything else. And we all know exactly what'll happen in Game 6. It'll be another 2nd half blowout.

I'll put it this way. If you told me that a bad loss in Game 5 would ensure McHale's firing, I'd be the world's biggest Clippers fan tomorrow night. And don't tell me I'm not a true Rockets fan for saying that. I'm thinking big picture here. Any true Rockets fan has to know at this point there is no way we are ever winning squat with this guy at the helm.

8. conquistador#11

how many coaches can handle morley all up in their business? Mchale ain't going anywhere.

9. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

tibs or adelman!

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe its just me, but I hope the Rockets win game 5.

Call me old fashioned, I guess. Idk

11. malakas

malakas Member

I find this thread stupid and disgusting. You will rather root for your team to lose by 50 (because that's what it would take) for the remote possibillity that MacHale is fired?
    And btw for those who asked the Rockets would still have to pay him all the money while paying a new coach.
    I don't know how more people don't realise this. With the big roster turnover every season, and the coach having minimal input on the signing and trades and the FO determining in a huge degree the playing style of the team.. there aren't many big name coaches who would put up with this. Thibs certainly would not. So forget that pipedream.

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its hard to believe this coming for a bucks fan...Did u not personally see the difference Jason Kidd made to your team in year 1? we are talking astronomical difference
    You can call this thread stupid or whatever u want but the fact is if u told me mchale would get fired if we lose to the clippers tomorrow its no doubt in my head who id root for..
    People who under estimate the difference a coach makes during games can't see the big picture here, and as disgusting as it may sound its the only way well get passed the second round..or be serious contenders, its that simple

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You say to sacrifice like it's a choice. Rockets will gladly quit on their own. When your leader Harden doesn't agree with the coach's strategy and deflects blame from himself to staff we have a serious issue.

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

If McHale has any pride, he resigns himself because he realizes he's in way over his head. Its baffling how a guy on those Celtics teams did not take anything from his coaches than 'work hard, bring effort and just play the game'.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Is Kidd a better coach than Machale and Thibs ..maybe but it's soon to tell. His ingame adjustments and timeouts are sure better than theirs. However :
    Bringing a team from 20 wins to 40 is MUCH MUCH easier to do than going up to the next level the 50+ wins and even harder the real contender status.
    But I know for a fact that Kidd wouldn't put up for a second with Morrey trading away his players- even if it was a useless role player- without his consent not to mention the analytics department telling him how to form his offence.
    IF the FO wasn't sure for MacHale a) they wouldn't have extended him b) the loss and most of all the lack of fighting would be enough.
    Rooting for a big big embarassing loss is pointless at best and disgusting at worst. I know you have good intentions and want the best for the Rockets but that's not the way to go. Root for the team in thick and thin and have faith. With all his faults Morrey is not fickle child and one big loss won't make the difference between changing the coach or keeping him.
    The only thing it will do is bring more pain to Rockets fans and embarassment. You DON'T want a 55 points loss in your home stadium in front of your fans. I guarantee you that talking from experience.

BTW I'm also a Rockets fan not only a Bucks. ;) Keep your faith.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Jason Kidd with the Bucks. And how about Kerr with the Warriors. There was a team with a rising star in Steph Curry and a lot of young talent around him. They had become a perennial 50+ win team and even tasted playoff success in 2013 when they upset the Nuggets in Round 1. Kinda like the Rockets with James Harden.

But their owner and GM weren't satisfied. They sensed Mark Jackson was in over his head as coach and fired him and look at what that did for their organization. They won 67 games, dominated the league on offense and defense, and Curry went from a star to MVP. They may go down to the Grizzlies in the 2nd round, but their future still looks very bright thanks to that bold move.

And if you wanna go back even further, remember Rick Carlisle getting sh-tcanned by the Pistons despite leading them to the ECF in 2003? That seemed like a crazy move at the time, but Joe Dumars was clearly upset that they were swept in that series and replaced Carlisle with Larry Brown. They won a title the following year and came within 12 minutes of repeating as champs the year after that.

This offseason will tell us a lot about the priorities of Les Alexander. Is he truly satisfied with simply winning 50+ games, making the playoffs, and once in a blue moon getting out of the first round? If so, then we'll see McHale return while Morey tries yet again to trade for another star player. If he's serious about contending for titles though, he'll demand Morey address the deficiencies plaguing this team, one of which is the coaching staff.

17. CertifiedTroll

For what it is worth, McHales hack a Jordan strategy was effective on a defense stand point. Our offense just sucked so bad we did not capitalize, and build a lead while we still had fouls to give.

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Anytime u hack jordan it will be successful dude it took him 3 games to figure that out...He is the worst free throw shooter in the game today, but what really gets me is he used his backup center to commit 4 fouls in 2 min when dwight already had 2....that my friend is the epitome of a clueless HC.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not know whose idea it was to bring McHale on board in the first place.

Look, I like the player and respected the hell out of him.

However, if you are a rookie coach, you better start at the assistant coach position like everyone else.

This is plain stupid to have him coach without much experience.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with starting the game off fouling Jordan. If anything, they should have waited for the Clippers to get a lead before starting with the "strategy." Granted, D12 getting 2 early fouls probably forced his hand, but I don't think it did much good for us:
    • Our offense couldn't get in rhythm,
    • Paul got to rest, and
    • Racked up fouls to where we couldn't resort to the same tactic in the 3rd quarter.
    Overall, total buzzkill of a weekend.