1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento throwing some money at Iguodala

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hizzobbes, Jul 2, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Their new GM is Pete D'Alessandro

Iggy's salary this season was 14.9M. This new contract would start at around 13M in the first year.

So with the no state income tax. A team from Texas can offer an equivalent contract starting at under 13M? How much under 13M?

2. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

This reads like Sac trying to pay for relevancy without actually having to play to be relevant.

That teams needs serious leadership all the way around and Iggy's not the player to contribute significantly to that cause. He wasn't the leader as witnessed in Philly and he's sure not going to be one with this bunch. Sac's just adding to their impressive arsenal of talent and yet again no direction. It's like having a garage full of super cars and exclusively having your granny drive them to the corner store. You're doing it wrong.

On a related note, there's no way they pay both Iggy and Evans.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>WOW!!!!</p>&mdash; Andre Iguodala (@andre) <a href="https://twitter.com/andre/statuses/352290452126441472">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!</p>&mdash; Andre Iguodala (@andre) <a href="https://twitter.com/andre/statuses/352290588911087616">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

4. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

The guys career is going downhill offensively. Still good defender though. Too much reliance on athletic ability and when that is gone they will be doomed. Not a good move imo

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey lowballed him? :p

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

seems really happy lol

7. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

By that reaction, I take it that even he doesn't know he's being offered that much. Woj off on this one?

8. redhotrox

Maybe he was reading all the tweets about how he getting way overpaid.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Makes sense.

Have to hit the minimum cap for the year while developing Cousins.

Good defender, heady, but not enough to prevent them from tanking for a top 5 pick. Their roster is empty for the future---they had to commit to something.

10. Chamillionaire

If I were them, I would seriously tank. They have been at the bottom for so long, they need to rebuild through the draft and let Evans go.

Do they even have a '14 1st round pick?

11. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Perhaps you're right. It drive me bananas that twitter sometimes encourages lack of context.

I was assuming that it was a direct response to the Woj Tweet.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

A lot of dough for a perimeter player who shoots 57% from the free throw line.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

He would stupid to sign with Sacramento, they are not going anywhere..but I guess it makes the Nuggets less relevant so do it Iggy!

14. redhotrox

Weird...maybe this is what his tweets were in response to:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala &amp; will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/352298885693190145">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Well, there goes that..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala &amp; will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/352298885693190145">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Sorry for the double post, but I wonder if those tweets by Iguodala earlier where when he found out that they pulled the offer and its just now being reported

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Good for the Rockets if that was his best offer. Can offer 10M/yr now?

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I'm not offering him that much until the whole Dwight and J Smooth situation gets figured out and I bet Morey is thinking the same way.

19. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

...makes more sense now.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does anyone recall anything like this ever happening? A big offer made and pulled in such a short time?

I know the SAC owner and GM are new in their role (though they've served as co-owner and assistant GM elswhere), but this is highly irregular.

And I wonder what SAC plans on doing with the money. Is there another target? Are they gonna match/re-sign Evans now? Are they just gonna tank?