1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Bee: Patrick Patterson a hit with coaches, teammates

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Thomas Robinson a hit with coaches and teammates?

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not with Tim Ohlbrecht

3. poing

poing Member

Is Thomas Robinson in the third year of his NBA career getting traded from a decent team to a garbage team where anyone who isn't an egotistical turd would be a hit with coaches and teammates?

2 people like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He is a hit with the smartest man in the room.... Daryl Morey.

I honestly don't really miss Patterson. He is a rotational player and a good guy, but is limited and will be a free agent soon enough. I am glad his numbers have improved playing on a bad team.

Even if TRob is a complete bust I am okay with the deal. The Rockets are pretty much locked into the 6-8 seed.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Robinson is a hit with anyone that realizes you just traded a bench scrub with no potential for another bench scrub that has high potential to become something else.

Ryan Bowen aka "the Dirkminator" was a hit with JVG and his teammates. That's how much praise from teammates/coaches truly counts.

In essence: Ppat = Ryan Bowen

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

stop trolling bro

7. Anxiety Trooper

Your analogy sucks and is disrespectful to 2pat. I like the trade but don't insult 2pat like that by comparing him to Ryan Bowen.

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

I think the deal was done to make Mchale play D-Mo over all things, so good for P Pat but I would rather have D-Mo starting than him.

1 person likes this.
  9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Its funny...I mean carl is digging his own grave on credibility and doing just what dd always did. I dont remember him being like that.

This is the alston for lowry trade 2.0

Then the only people that hated the trade were short sighted morons like the dudes on 610.

Brooks>Alston that year
    Dmo > Patterson this year

Lowry > brooks and alston for the future
    T-rob (potential to be) > patterson and dmo

well maybe not dmo :grin:

Point is id roll with the developing t rob and dmo this year and their future over patterson and morris 100 times out of a 100.

It doesnt even matter if t rob pans out to be better then patterson...which wont take much. The trade was brilliant.

Not to mention we picked up trade assets and cut fat in the process.

Glad Morey is running the team and not DD...I mean Carl.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson is infinitely more valuable, both as a future prospect and as a trade chip, simply because the potential he shows, is the potential to be pretty amazing.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

The thing about Carl is that I genuinely cannot tell at all with him when he's being serious and when he's not regarding any of his posts. Maybe he isn't?

12. Prince

Prince Member

Classy guy 2Pat. We should have kept him. if rebounding was his problem, he can learn it. he has post moves too and can shoot 3. and outstanding BB IQ.

13. megastahr

i thought that at first too...but he stays on this one...of course when he is proven wrong about the trade. I am sure he will come here and be like JK JK guys...I was so just joking.

That trade was awesome. lol

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think CH is right about one thing -- the debate is Robinson vs Patterson, not Patterson vs Dmo.

While it is true that DMo would not be starting if Patterson was still here, given the amount of minutes he is getting since the trade, DMo could have received those minutes by simply replacing Morris's role on the team. Furthermore, with Patterson likely to get minutes at the 5, the person most likely to be getting less minutes than they currently are is really Greg Smith -- who, as much as I like his potential, I wouldn't mind depending less on him.

All that said, I like the Robinson trade, and in the Robinson vs Patterson debate, I fall squarely in the Robinson camp. This is mainly to me liking Robinson's potential and trade value in comparison to Patterson, and I think what we lose in trading Patterson is not great enough to give up the greater current and future value of Robinson.

However, I think there is no question we would be a better team giving Robinson's and Greg Smith's minutes to Patterson right now. But, team building is not just about the now, it is planning for the future and always maximizing the value of the talent on the team.

There is also something to be said for making Donatus a starter, given how well he fits with the other four players in that group.

15. megastahr

no its not that is silly. The trade was primarily to open up a spot for Dmo. That was why he traded patterson in the first place. Just like he traded alston to get brooks in the lineup.

If you trade patterson after you put dmo in starting lineup then pattersons value dropped.... the returns are irrelevant at this point.

Morey valued T-rob over what was prob offers of low 1st rd picks from other teams...simple as that.

Hopefully t rob pans out if not its no more risky then a late 1st rounder in a mediocre draft.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Carl Herrera is the new Skip Bayless of Clutchfans.

17. megastahr

hes the black skip bayless

18. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're becoming obsessive. The trade isn't getting reversed, dude. It's done. Stop beating the dead horse.

1 person likes this.
  19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

This... geez.. I haven't seen so much love for a throwaway player since DD and his affection for Budinger.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

^ makes no sense. :confused: I guess you are just a Patterson hater then. You just want to get rid of him for a pile of ****?