1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacbee: Toney, Pat and Cole have made Kings fans forget about TRob and applaude the trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 21, 2013.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

But when considering the players involved they have more cap room. I think because of Garcia.

2. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

We make a thread for each player after they have a good game. No matter how much of a "scrub" they are.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Did you read the thread? The Kings fans act like Douglas is a player that is really helpful and sorely need on that team.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

This year's cap doesn't matter, because the Rockets aren't signing anyone anyway. Everyone in that deal come off the books next season, except Patterson and Robinson. Hence, their price tag comparison is the only important thing here from the Rockets perspective.

Obviously it's different for the Maloofs, since they save money this year and gets $1mil from Les in cash. But for the Rockets FA search, those two salaries matter.

Also, FWIW, the Rockets would've traded Morris regardless. Getting Robinson didn't help them decide to trade Morris. DMo's play in practice wrote Morris' ticket out of town.

5. rocketblood713

they should there seasoned NBA players who been in the league for like 2 yrs or more lol

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those players keeping Sactown from getting another high lottery pick hopefully

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How do you think we are acting with Trob?

8. cowmonger

cowmonger Member

He's not going crazy. He's just misunderstood :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. joesr

joesr Member

Its funny how you guys come to a thread CH post and gets mad about it, I am laughing my ass off about this.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

T-Rob not good from day we get him. Send him back. Rocket want return him to Sacramento. Will take team credit or just Douglas back.

11. TheresTheDagger

I actually see this more as a huge indictment of Kings fans and their team than some sort of issue with our team.

If Toney Douglas is that big an upgrade just in pure hustle over your current team and that gives you hope, then your franchise is truly in the toilet.

Meanwhile, we STILL have a logjam at the 4 and 1 but more marketable players for the off season trade mart.

I'm sorry CH, but I liked the trade and still like it.

12. dmoneybangbang

It's more than just cap room, it's about flexibility to make trades. It's a gamble certainly, but that is the nature of pro sports.

Lastly, it makes a net loss of one PF and allows DMo to step up.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is? Are we upset that the other team benefited from this?

13. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

I guess Sacramento didn't see Robinson's play from tonight