1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacbee: Toney, Pat and Cole have made Kings fans forget about TRob and applaude the trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 21, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Good for Sac. They got 2 really good really good roll players and a scrub. They should be happy.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Ok it made us worse for this year.... This was good to get us more cap room for next year. I just don't get why some people are acting like we could won a ring this year with Ppat

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

So CH = DeMarcus Cousins? :)

4. Nook

Nook Member

The season is almost over. Do you think that in the last dozen games Harden or Lin will suddenly break down? If not then Douglas doesn't matter because his contract is up.

Patterson was not going to be back next season either, the Rockets were going to play higher ceiling players, be it Motie or a FA/trade.

So the only real issue is whether the Rockets with Patterson were good enough to win a playoff series. I don't think so.

Besides I would rather Motie, Robinson and Beverly get playoff experience than Patterson, Douglas and Aldrich... atleast the young guys potentially will help the team in a few years.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

We're good enough to win a playoff series against Memphis, but we're good enough for that with OR without Patterson.

You're right on though, it's irrelevant, and TRob is a better trade piece than PPat.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It does not create more cap room. The incoming SAC players cost more than the outgoing ones by roughly $600K.

7. munco

munco Member

Don't always agree with him, but CH is definitely one of the best and funniest posters on Clutchfans.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

The two trades combined create more cap space in the offseason

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wow, you would think a career player had just been shipped, or a member of a championship team. so much hostility over role players. I thought everyone was 'tired' of being mediocre. So why not get rid of the mediocre players and keep trying to find that special guy?

I'm happy for SAC fan. Sincerely, IMHO I think both sides are happy with the deal. I see TRob for every bit of that hyped athletic ability, and once he gets his feet underneath him he will be a very solid player. PPat with great defense. We werent winning it this year anyway. Learn to let go of things, its therapeutic.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Including the Morris deal, it's more salary for this season but it does free up cap space for next season when they actually need the cap room.

In a dramatic and sudden overhaul of the roster, the Rockets agreed to a pair of deals that will bring them Thomas Robinson, the fifth pick of the 2012 draft, and will open about $1.5 million more of cap space next summer.
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/02/rockets-weighing-options-to-trade-marcus-morris/

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only thing the Kings play recently says is just how badly run their team is. And how badly coached their players are.

Patterson was not a key for the Rockets. The Rockets survived fine when Patterson was injured early in the year. The Rockets are still fine today after trading him. Douglas was a cookie-cutter backup PG for us. He was not showing much better, if any, play than a guy Morey signed from Russia for basically minimum money. Aldrich was considered a joke as a Rocket, and only played when McHale wants to show Smith how to be a professional.

Yet all 3 players are contributing in Sacramento. Why? Because what Sacramento has right now sucks so badly, that even 1 role player and 2 scrubs from a well-run, well-coached team can improve the team by a great deal.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Doing just the Morris deal would have opened even more cap room. You don't have to do both of them together

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=af21b12347dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

PatPat's obsessed fan #1 is back at it again. Nothing new here, ignore the new Carl, he is now boring. :eek:

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you ever going to get over it? Are you ever going to realize that it's done with and it can't be changed?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And this is a serious question. I'm genuinely curious.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

To further emphasize how much suck there is on the Kings, this is a thread about Toney Douglas on there. Toney FREAKING Douglas

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?51733-Toney-Douglas

I think you're just trolling now with the whole Patterson thing, but I'll back you up on this. The Rockets ADDED salary for next year when they made the Robinson deal. Robinson makes $3.37mil next season. Patterson makes $3.1mil next year.

It's not much, but if the Rockets had wanted to squeeze as much money for FA as they can, they would not have traded for TRob.

18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I enjoy these threads. They remind us that the best time to evaluate a trade is in the first few months.

[signed] Larry Anderson
    [co-signed] Rafer Alston
    [co- signed] Randy Johnson

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Everyone hated rafer they were so glad he was gone. In hindsight the RJ deal was bad. We gave up two all stars for him.

20. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I liked PPat and TD so I'm glad to see them do well in their new teams. Personally, I'd give TRob some time first before I can decide who got the better trade. JLin was pretty bad when he first joined the Rockets but he has been steadily increasing his performance recently. Let's just be patient.

Can't help but think that this thread would've been legit if anyone but CH was the OP. Guy's too obsessed with Ppat. /rollseyes