1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacbee: Toney, Pat and Cole have made Kings fans forget about TRob and applaude the trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 21, 2013.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Make sure you loosen up before stretching that far for something.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Woo-hoo Toney Douglas!!!! Kings move from 26th worst team to 23rd worst team in NBA.com power rankings -- besttt trade EVER, woo-hoo yeah, all-hail Toney Douglas, YESSS!!! Cole Aldridch? **** yeah! Go Sonics!! Bunch of LOSERS.

2 people like this.
  3. HorneR

HorneR Member

You're just ****in' annoying Carl.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets have 2 game remaining against Sacramento. Complete BBS meltdown if Rockets lose those games.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why don't you just go and join them in their Ppat circle-jerk on their forum instead of spamming these damn threads on this forum?

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

The only thing bad about the PPat trade is that DMo has turned into a bust at the 4

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

turned into a bust with a handful of starts?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He's been that way. I've had him blocked for a VERY long time now.

Edit: Did I mention I only have like 2 people blocked?

#28 seclusion, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well according DMo he is a superstar so it is kind of underwhelming.

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

CH is pretty seasoned. You guys need to do better than that.

11. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Lulz :grin:

12. Nook

Nook Member

My response is..... "So?"

None of this changes the fact that Patterson is mediocre and will be due for a pay raise soon enough, Douglas is not coming back next year and Aldrich does not fit our system.

I don't know how good Robinson will be, but it really doesn't matter. Motiejunas needed minutes, he was starting to rot on the vine.

Are we making the playoffs without Patterson? Seems so....

Will we have won a playoff round with Patterson? NO....

So.... so what? It really makes no difference....

2 people like this.
  13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

couldn't have said it better

14. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Good!

I said it then that the trade is more even than most people portray. Good trades are those in which both parties are satisfied and things work out for the best - this will keep the Kings interested in future trading with us. If the Rockets had molested them with the trade, I think that would have capped the sentiment that a trade with the Rockets is one you will likely lose out on.

I'm happy for PatPat & just as happy for Toney who really served the Rockets well this season. I hope he finds a place to settle down and get good future contracts. I'm also happy for the Kings staff & their fans who now have bright spots amid having to deal with utter sh***tiness from the owners.

The Rockets got what they wanted, the Kings got what they wanted, and most reasonable Rockets fans understand that the playoffs this season is a bonus, that would put the Rockets one up on the Thunder's management.

I'm happy with the deal and you should be too.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Patterson is a solid player and is going to make any team happy as long as he's not expected to be one of the go-to guys. If he is expected to carry the team on his shoulders then there is going to be great disappointment amongst fans. King's fans are happy as he is providing the same thing he provided here (which they didn't have before). We were looking long-term for an upgrade and acquired a player that fit that expectation. Win-Win for both team.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don't hate this trade because it made the Kings better, I hate it because it made the Rockets worse. Morey basically destroyed any depth we had at guard and PF. With their style of play, it's only a matter of time before Harden or Lin get seriously injured. Also, how irritated will we all be if the Rockets miss the playoffs again 4 years in a row? When the season began I could care less, I just wanted to see our young guys grow and get better. Now, I want to see what this team can do in the playoffs. I'm sure playing together when it counts will be great for team chemistry and experience too.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Corrected.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Poor Kings fans don't remember what a good trade looks like so of course they'll applaud turning a high lotto pick into a couple backups who "have a concept of defense."

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

we already knew this trade would initially benefit sac more than houston.

20. SexyButIgnorant

Honestly, I have no idea how this works out for Sac. They want to throw it all away don't they? Fact is, they did get better with the trade. I won't lie. But TD is gonna leave in free agency, Cole is gonna leave in free agency, and PPat is gonna want a good amount of money during his free agency, which he probably will not deserve.

So two of the players leave after this season, and PPat will ask for a raise when they could kept TRob for two more years on the same contract. They aren't gonna make the playoffs, they just want a high draft pick. It wasn't about cap space, cause they gave up Francisco Garcia too. Might as well aim for a good pick this season than get a bit better for no reason.