1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sac Bee] Rockets informed that Kings not moving Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tariq, Feb 5, 2010.

1. worzel gummidge

a foursome of Iggy, Ariza, Scola/Landry, Yao won't be pretty. The other teams packing the paint is a kryptonite move for Brooks. When Brooks can't get in there, he's been so confused.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hello!!! He gets paid $10 million.

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I agree 100%. I think adding Iggy could set the franchise back 5 years. I'm just not sold on the guy, as being a pivotal piece of a winning formula. He is a great player, but I just dont see a move with him working out in any way. I think there are other players available that could give us more financial flexability, and possibly a better fit.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

[Clutchfans ] Kings informed that Rockets not wanting Kevin Martin

5. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I'll be happy just to see upgrades.

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Really? Thats why i don't believe articles, a couple of them over a week ago say other wise. If that is the case, then it's because they'll want Dalembert.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Your reasoning really just makes me want Iggy MORE. It makes Ariza that much more likely to be moved...

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's not irrational at all. I also have questions about Iguodala's fit on this roster.

One way around that might be to add a 3-point shooting PF (Troy Murphy?).

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I was just thinking the same thing a floor spacer other then the three, just move Landry to the three problem solved.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Landry would give up 30 points a game. he's is not a SF. square peg round hole.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Awesome!! out of all the trade position's, Martin was the one I dislike the most... :grin:

--RB

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

But that's not his primary role.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner.

Read my post on the Random Rockets Trade thread.

14. thething

thething Contributing Member

If we have a shot to get Iguodala, we do it, regardless of fit. He is only a step down from being a star, and those guys are needed. We could probably find a wing to play with him if this deal comes along. Getting a guy like John Salmons would not be too hard. The only reason Morey may not do it is the luxury tax.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Iggy is in the same class as what Marion used to be. Just an elite role player. 3rd fiddle player.

16. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

I want to see a T-Mac trade just like everyone else but not for Kevin Martin. He is a really good shooter, something the Rox need but his injury history and lack of D are more than enough reasons to pass on him. Imagine a line-up with Brooks, Martin, C-Bud, Landry and Anderson on the court at the same time? I think the scoreboard would malfunction from the opposing team scoring so much.

Martin is a nice player but I think the Rox need a more complete (and healthier) player at the 2.

17. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

1. his contract runs through 2013
    2. those 10 million are enough to cost us almost all of our cap space.

i'd rather let mcgrady's contract expire and use the available cap space to sign better players (= not one dimensional + not more injury prone than even mcgrady).

of course, 10 million $ cap space won't get us a player who can lead us to the championship. but neither can martin.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DM will be making a major mistake going after this guy.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree, i see Martin being only short, short term. Maybe Toronto told Houston to make moves for Martin and Butler then they'll hold Bosh at bay untill next season. Who knows. I think Toronto would bite on those 2 players especially giving their status of him in the air.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I don't think it's up to DM, i'm believed Les pulls all the strings. Giving his contract, etc... willing to make a move and take the risk, but the risk is not as large.