1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Russ had a brain fart yesterday, but our depth is ass. He was playing great consistently for 8 or 9 games in a row. I’ll take 1 bad one out of 10. Our bench needs a serious upgrade though. Tyson Chandler and Gary Clark were unplayable. Thabo wasn’t even an option and for good reason.

#41 vator, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  2. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Westbrook needs to stay. Playoffs will show you how important he is

hakeem94 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  3. SemisolidSnake

First of all, you don't need to have a single source to logically deduce that Morey would be shopping Chris Paul around after losing last season.
    a) Paul and his contract were an albatross hanging around the neck of a team with a rapidly-closing championship window.
    b) He's a GM, so his literal job is to do stuff like this. The only person on the team that's essentially untradeable at that point in time was Harden.

Second of all, the fact that he denied it when pressed gives no additionally credibility to the source. It would be crazy to just reveal something like that simply because someone asked. These negotiations are handled discreetly in every sport for a multitude of reasons.

Third, it would be team suicide to trade Westbrook. That is logically deducible as well, because as others have pointed out, that would almost certainly make Harden want to leave as well. At the very least, it would ruin his motivation for the rest of this season. It may very likely be true that there is a nonzero chance that other teams think they can get Westbrook and even a nonzero chance that Morey would consider a trade. However, there's also a nonzero chance that I could just randomly teleport right through the wall next to me.

This sort of crap here, though, is just meant to try to be provocative and stir the pot and create drama, which is literally the job of a self-serving "journalist" trying to create something for him to take credit for. Of course, since there's nothing there, his chances of really starting anything are only slightly better than chances of my quantum tunneling through my wall.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That just doesn't really work in our offense though. The reason they got rid of Ryan Anderson had a lot more to do with him refusing to shoot threes than it did about him not making them. Our offense simply doesn't work with a guy out there who won't/can't shoot threes. And watching teams just leave him open and dare him to shoot is pretty painful.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Westbrook is the least of our problems. I'd start looking at the coach before I even look at trading Westbrook.

hakeem94 and Lurch like this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Rebuild the whole squad. This one isn’t doing anything significant.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Lock this thread up

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Our depth is the worst it’s been in years. Our owner has yet to show he’s willing to spend what it takes to build a competent roster

D-rock and BMoney like this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lot bigger issues. They need another playmaker and 2 new rotation players. Ego back will be a big help

10. JackLordsHair66

We hope ... of course Ego coming back should help, especially when Harden is double teamed, I don’t think it’s going to be enough to mask the problems this team has when their 3’s aren’t falling. The fact that this offense is so reliant on 3 point shooters making shots and the fact that we really don’t have many great 3 point shooters is a very real problem !!!

11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I say ship him off

We have an outside shot this year and that's being generous

It only gets worse after that and we'll just waste Harden's career

Lurch likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Because it's cheap?

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I’m fairly confident Harden’s soulmate, who also happens to have a bad contract as he physically declines, will not be getting traded.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who would even want him and what could you get back anyway?

15. Mr. Space City

LMFAO Westbrook has like 9 games in a row where he not only plays at an all-star level, but a superstar level. Even beat the Clippers with PG and Kawhi where he had 40 points. 1 bad shooting game since then, Let's ship him out! I'd take the occasional Westbrick game if he can continue to play at the level he played recently.

Defense was the problem yesterday more than the offense anyways.

16. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

dont buy into the media trying to create problems in houston with false reports

BigShasta likes this.
  17. payaso

payaso Member

Two words... KNEES SHOT.

next?

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

would you trade Harden and Russ for LeBron and AD? straight up?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's not the bad shooting, it's the terrible shot selection.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

EGo provides more than just three point shooting, though. He's a superior defender to McLemore and can attack the hoop on a close out. He averaged 20ppg against GS last season. I think he's a great backcourt partner to either Harden or Westbrook which makes every lineup we have more dangerous. This is provided he comes back healthy, of course.

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.