1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Smh y’all cats be saying anything on here.

2. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

I like this idea. This would make the team better for sure.

slickricky and D-rock like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I know, it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

But the Pistons are ready to blow it up. Reports they are listening to Drummond deals. Not that Houston or Magic
    want him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sg9wg9x (pieces of deal could be re-worked)

I’ve seen the Lakers/Orlando/Washington (I believe) make a deal for Dwight Howard. D-12 ended up as just
    rental.......and Vucevic might be considered “spare parts”

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

A superstar who can't shoot well and is a proven bonehead especially come playoff time for a guy who can nail the 3 at a higer percentage score in other ways as well as play intelligent bb + another guy who can actually provide a legit 4 in the paint and move PJ to the 3. No, I don't know anything about basketball.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@D-rock

This trade works as well.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sknqrnr

Houston in:
    Aaron Gordon
    T Ross
    D Rose (here is the play maker whinny CF babies....As if PnR is forbidden)
    Markieff Morris
    Christian Wood
    Rose a more controlled WB.......Rockets have hard time with Harden/WB each making $41M next season.
    Easier to trade D Rose before next season with Clemons developing.
    x
    Pistons in:
    Aminu
    Bamba
    Fournier
    Flutz
    Rivers
    (Picks)
    x
    Magic in:
    Sefolosha
    Westbrook
    Blake Griffin
    Nene (substitute Nene for McLemore......salary equal)

Pistons can trade Drummond for further picks/pieces

Magic need to decide if they want to be a first round knockout or push all chips to the middle of the table and go
    all in. Worst thing is being 7th or 8th seed and get pick number 15 or 16 in the draft. Fill in gaps with low level
    signings. Mostly the move is for building towards next year.....free agency fill ins. Westbrook/Issac/Griffin/Vucevic

#325 ApacheWarrior, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

D Rose and eric Gordon are our only guards besides Harden?ehhhhh bubble wrap everything!

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plus McLemore and Clemons.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These dudes forgetting Lou's last playoff run with the Rockets lol. It wasn't pretty.

topfive and J Sizzle like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

To be fair he played well for us against Russ and okc

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That true but...

The problem with role players is that they fill a niche but that's it. The Rockets are a bit redundant with Lou, EGO does everything he does but can also play decent defense. Rivers can also do everything he does. We don't really get better with that trade, we get deeper. I'm not even sure how much Trez would even play here, he'd be a backup center and back up centers barely get any minutes on this team. That would be a bad trade for the Rockets in the sense it does little for them.

People always get this idea that the deeper the better but teams rarely win championships without at least 2 all-star players.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

If this is viable trade (Magic trading 6 and only getting 4 back, 3 actually since Nene is essentially retired), only change I would make is trade Gerald Green instead of Austin Rivers.

Also would rather have Bamba over D Rose.

topfive and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well I would imagine Hartenstein and Gary Clark going to Magic to help fill their roster with low cost players.
    The pieces are flexible in the deal.

According to BimaThug Clemons can’t be traded until seasons end and Eric Gordon can’t be traded until after
    the trading deadline.

I question the “why” give Clemons a contract while having Westbrook, Rivers, Eric Gordon, Harden all able
    to play the point guard position. Unless one would be possibly sent out in trade options. In the trade
    proposal I send out both of those available for trade (Westbrook/Rivers) and bring on a cheaper D-Rose
    to silence the critics about us losing a quote-unquote playmaker. Pistons would get a project in former
    number 1 pick Fultz.

Anyway take care D-rock, it’s all venting on my part. I like Westbrook for us in the regular season but
    not for the post season and his contract going further into next season.

#332 ApacheWarrior, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d from post #332

according to basketball-reference.com

Westbrook Ast% is 32.9% and 15.4 TOV% this season ($38.5M)
    D Rose Ast% is 43.5% and 13.7 TOV% this season ($7.3M)

#333 ApacheWarrior, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not only that, but it's not too difficult to imagine Fertitta throwing a fit at some point and demanding that Morey trade Westbrook. If Russ has a really horrid streak again that lasts 10-12 games, you know Tilman would be throwing things around his office and screaming, "How much am I paying this guy again?!? Get rid of him!"

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If Capela continues to play like he played last night and Westbrook can make his dunks pressuring defenses in addition to Harden/Westbrook alliance no one is going anywhere for a while...Westbrook makes his dunks last night he's at 50 percent 12 for 22...missing 3 dunks is a rare occurrence...Hopefully Capela's big night isn't and will be more of the norm in the near future. I didn't see that coming against Embid no more than Russ missing 3 dunks .. let alone both happening in the same night

D-rock likes this.