1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Mallett Out for season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

How much of it was a Titans' team that has mailed in their season?

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Fitz's deep balls, the TD to Andre, the TD to Watt...those were all placed in perfect position. Had nothing to do with the Titans mailing in their season, the throws were spot on even though the defenders were in pretty good positions most of the time.

I said this before the year started that Fitz would have a better year than he's ever had. Give the guy some time and he can make decent throws. Our OLine failing to do it's job led to the demise of Fitz in the first half of the season...to go along with BOB not really having a grasp of things.

Today, the OLine did a very good job giving Fitz time...and if you have that, then the offense will do well. We had the same thing with Mallett last week against Cincy, but he kept missing the wide open receivers, over and over. The playcalling and protection were good, just couldnt make the throws.

I firmly believe that we would have beaten Cincy with Fitz at QB...that would have put us in position to go to Indy at 8-5 with a solid shot at making the playoffs.

3. B

B Contributing Member

I think the benching of Fitz sparked the team and the fan base. Fitz handled it professionally, spent a lot of time watching film and prepping to be ready when he was called on. I don't think he has the monster 6 TD game if he never got benched.

4. Jay713

Jay713 Member

I don't know why you guys think that was Fitz out there yesterday. That was a one day rental of a guy from the Arena League. Come on, he doesn't even look like Fitzpatrick. Obvious.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

My question was more about Fitzpatrick versus the Bengals, not the Browns. Would the spark have been there still for the Bengals game if Mallet sat for that game?

It is obvious a healthy Fitzpatrick is better than Mallet playing with his pec injury. Question is, was the difference enough to have made a difference in the outcome?

Can't ignore the fact that Arian played yesterday but not a week ago.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it would have been enough, the team suffered through the worst QB performance of the year and didn't get blown out, improve from broken Mallett to decent Fitz and I think it's a win.