1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Hollins (The Change We Need) vs Mutombo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Dec 25, 2008.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The signing of Howard has nothing to do w/ LB's confidence in Hollins. Since when did Juwan Howard play the 5....college? The Bobcats signed Juwan because pf Sean May has gone on the Oliver Miller diet and they have no low post scoring threat. Larry Brown saw that coming, that's why they signed Carl Landry to an offer sheet and is going after Eddy Curry. Okafor, Hollins and Ajinca are all athletic shotblocking defenders. Okafor and Hollins dont fit together starting because neither has a real low post game. As I stated in the 1st post, Hollins is like a poor man's Tyson Chandler. I can see Aaron Brooks throwing ally-oop's to Hollins all day as two of the quickest players at their positions in the league. Carl Landry could play the David West role, Brent Barry the Peja role, and Von Wafer/Artest playing the Rasual Butler/ Mo Petersen roles. Sick!

2. Landlord Landry

not true.

also not true.

you're absolutley right.....but it hasn't stopped the Rockets from doing it anyway.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Tonight's game proved my point to a T. Yao needs weakside defensive help NOW, even at the expense of Scola & Landry's playing time. Deke would have been on the bench watching the action because he's too slow to play w/ Yao. We need somebody that can play with Yao & behind him. Case closed!

7-0, RYAN AKA "poor man's Tyson Chandler" HOLLINS NOW!

4. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

i havent really seen hollins play in the NBA but i remember a few years back when he played for UCLA in the final four he gave glen davis and tyrus all they could handle in that game and I personally thought LSU was too good to be beaten that year but hollins came up huge i dont remember his stats but UCLA won by 20 or so and he owned the paint defensively that night. That said he's younger than deke but i see no way we qould acquire him from charlotte maybe we can find a way to bring raja bell with him because i really feel we're a raja bell away from being a serious threat. I know Im going to get flamed but can you imagine TMAC for bell/okafor/hollins, I mean its pipe dream ebcause neither team would do it but man if we had a lineup of brooks/bell/artest/okafor/yao we would be a defensive juggernaut and you just slide okafor over when yao needs a breather, I know emeka is overpriced but at this point we just need a 2 guard to hit the 3 which is bell and big to block shots okafor.....one can dream right haha

5. HombreDeHierro

what kind of sick, perverted nightmares are you having?!?!?

6. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

are u telling me you dont think we'd be better if we didnt have rafer and tmac going 6-26 combined every game, i think brooks/raja bell would go 12-26 at least if not closer to 50% thats 6 more field goals a night plus both hit their ft which tmac and alston do not do. Remember the hakeem days of kenny,vernon and horry nailing all the open 3's when dream was doubled? Tell me that brooks,bell,battier would not do just that with yao getting doubled, if you say they wouldnt you're nuts, and bell is infinity times the defender tmac is and okafor is infinity times the defender scola is.....ps get over it tmac is going to be 40% of what he should be for the rest of his career so if we found someone dumb enough to take him yes that would be my dream....dont flip out i said itll never happen but its my dream and yes we'd be much much better