1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson pays $5.4M to get out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 31, 2018.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

- Closer to LA
    - Gets 20mil to dick around with the Suns
    - Get 15.6 mil next year after getting cut
    - Jump to another team to get another multi year deal

Smart move

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hear hear! I got to meet Ryan after the musical Small Ball and he was so nice and so generous with his time. I got the feeling he was a really good guy. I never forget that we got him not very long after he suffered a horrific personal tragedy and I've always wondered how much that might have affected his game. Regardless, he's a consummate professional. If we didn't know that for sure before, this proves it. I wish it could have worked out better in Houston for him and for the Rockets, but I'll be rooting for him in Phoenix.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is 5 mil he might never get back again. Supposed he get vet min on his next contract he lost 3 mil. I guess when you have close to 100mil I guess losing 3 or 4 mil isn't bad, but its not like he is going to a contender. He is going to one of the worst teams in the NBA, I guess I can see why phoenix did this deal. They aren't losing much and aren't even paying extra salary. They are just trading their problem child for another problem child.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

SACTOWN

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yup, for as much as people loved to bag on him here, he always came off as a really great dude off the court. Always smiling, always finding something to be happy about.....and that is saying a lot given everything he's gone through over the last few years. I've always maintained that I wanted Ryan traded, but not out of any personal spite or hatred.....he came here at a time when our team was in a lot of flux, and he gave it some stability at the beginning of the MDA era. I'll always be grateful for that.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ryan is a nice guy. I wish him good luck against everyone apart from the Rockets.

D-rock, House Rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I got nothing against him, on a non contender or lower playoff seed he can ride the bench or play as long as he likes.

But to be able to go head to head against GSW, trying to stay the Top 2 team in the league, you got to squeeze more out of him, esp. in the playoffs.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

I hope he returns $40M to Leslie and the other $40M to Tilman.

TMac'n likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Even if he did “give up” 5 million I couldn’t care less for a player who refused to contribute last year when it mattered most. He would’ve been great if only he could get over his ego.

11. theimpossibles1

This is news to me. I thought he was on the bench because he wasn't hitting his shots. Tell me more about this ego trip...

Zoplicone likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You know this ******* is gonna have a random great game against the Rockets this season.

13. bongman

bongman Member

Not sure I get you. Isn't giving up 5M to a team you no longer have vested interest in the complete opposite of being egotistical?

14. Fyreball

I love you bro, but **** like this is really unnecessary. Morey signed him to that contract....Ryan didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. And, for the first part of that deal, Ryno was actually a decent player. Yes, he was terrible in the playoffs, and he was basically unplayable against the Warriors, but it's not like he was a bad teammate, or a cancer in the locker room. He doesn't owe Tilman or Les a damn thing. He came here as a free agent, he played to his abilities, and we traded him. The end.

D-rock and the11mingdynasty like this.
  15. Fyreball

You're literally just pulling **** out of your ass, and running with a story that you completely made up. Stop it.

16. bongman

bongman Member

I don't understand the hate.

The guy could have taken his 20M per and just sat in the bench for the next 2 years and be quiet. Not only has he gifted the owner with 5M in savings, or trade flexibility improved by a lot.

He did not have to do that. Anybody here willing to give up salary to work for a worst company?

D-rock likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

I believe what I see, painfully obvious when a guy who’s only job is to shoot just refuses to. He passed up open shots, hesitated, pump faked and most times passed it back (immediately). Codman said he was down about the trade rumours and it affected him, it was in his words awkward in the locker room. Losing his starting spot probably messed with his head given this information and what we saw. That’s about ego.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Rockets played some of their absolute best ball when Ryno was on. When he was off, it was real bad. Like 0 or 100. No in between. Whether gun-shy or deadeye, Ryno’s gravity cannot be questioned!

19. bongman

bongman Member

Hesitation or lack of confidence is not refusal. If you are implying that he was sabotaging our team, giving up 5M contradicts that theory.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He’ll get it back. I honestly think many teams would be willing to give him a 1 year $5 million dollar contract.
    If we were paying $8 million a year for the next two years and we traded him for Brandon Knight I’d be pissed. His biggest problem was his contract. If money and tradable contracts wasn’t a thing I’d take a streaky 6’10 shooter over a PG coming off a horrible injury and a hardheaded 21 year old.