1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson on the JJ Redick Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 16, 2016.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At about 41 minutes he mentions Houston twice. Once as a trade partner last trade deadline and another as a potential landing spot in Free Agency.

Really a great discussion, including a heartfelt discussion about the suicide of his girlfriend and his relationship with Monty Williams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-anderson-joins-the-vertical-podcast-with-jj-redick-141326659.html

At 45 minutes he discusses his interests in free agency. He wants to be used to his maximum ability. He wants to enjoy playing.

I'd definitely be excited for him if he comes at about $12per season. An interesting scenario for me this off-season would be to trade Brewer for space and then the following. $10-$12 million for Ryan Anderson. $15-$18 million to Dwight. $ 20 - $25 for a max signing of Conley or Durant.

#1 treyk3, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes to Anderson, no to Dwight.

DD

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, that was interesting. Whole podcast was really great to listen to, as well.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

IBT-"malakas telling us how everyone is going to get $20,000,000 per this summer" ;)

But seriously, I doubt $12,000,000 will do the trick. Not this summer.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Need as many shooters as possible. .377 3-point % for career, .366 last season.

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

It would be nice to have some three point shooters on a three point shooting team.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Conley, Anderson, Batum would be a nice haul.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That kind of outside shooting from the 4 spot would be huge for this team.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Like I have said, keep your eye on the Birds....

Happy for Fly Ry. Tough life, Tougher guy.

10. ch44

ch44 Member

Ryan Anderson will end up in Detroit with a huge contract

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't like him, hope Morey thinks the same, good shooter (but bad shot selection) and that's all he can do. One of the worst defenders in the league, slow, can't pass, decent at best rebounder...D.Mo runs better, plays better defense, can pass and he's younger...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Durant will never come here to play with Dwight and Anderson.

13. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I like the way you think!

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For the love of God, just get someone who can defensive rebound from the 4-spot for ONCE in my life.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

That needs to be the backup 4. I'll take a Thaddeus Young or hope Montrezl gets his act together.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i've come around on Anderson. I've seen the consequence of inconsistent outside shooting by our bigs, and Anderson spaces the floor so well for Harden. I think he would open up the offense a lot; what i hoped D-Mo would eventually become (I have my doubts). Yes to Anderson.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd only be cool with bringing in Anderson IF we sign a major defensive presence at center (basically only Howard or Whiteside), sign a defense first coach, and only if he signed for under 15 mill per.

He's a nice offensive player, really good shooter, can create his own shot in the post as well but boy do we need to shore up our defense/rebounding and he is a step in the wrong direction in that respect. But.... like I mentioned, perhaps if we have a elite defensive presence at center, as well as a great defensive minded coach who brings in a good defensive system, and Anderson signs a fair deal, then perhaps bringing him in would be a good move.

Overall I don't see it happening because it would a specific route where Whiteside or Howard HAS to sign with us.

18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Hortford

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I've actually gone the opposite direction. While we were complaining about not having one, the stretch 4 is being replaced by the skill 4. In most instances a long wing is more effective than a sharpshooting PF. For instance, we would be much better off with a talented wing like Batum at the 3 and move Ariza to the 4 than a big with Ariza at the 3. Ariza can still stretch the floor, he's not as deadly but is a much better defender and can move the ball in a drive and kick offense.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

RA = >12m, apparently/likely/to be believed/believable +/-18
    DHo = 23 guaranteed v 15 (-18)? Arithmetic doesn't work for me
    MC = questionable fit IMO w/JH13