1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

How? Paul George is under contract, so that means lakers would need to send some contracts out to come close enough to make a trade. How would they have enough to send out to make a trade for Ryno and Paul George? Their two largest contracts are horrible. Deng got 4/$72mm and Mozgov 4/$64mm. Isn't Deng worse than Ryno? Seems like Deng is one of the worst contracts in the league. I doubt they package their prospects / young high draft picks with Deng / Mozgov to get Ryan freakin Anderson.

2. BigTex

BigTex Member

Anderson in the 6 home playoff games
    4.2 ppg
    4.7 rpg
    19% FG (8/41)
    10% 3pt (3/29)
    30 mpg

Ridiculous

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

All the talk of Arden but this dog scored a grand total of 0 points. Need to ship this piece of trash out as well. He's even weaker than Harden.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Trade this trash.

He can't do **** but shoot and he can't even do that. Horrible defender, horrible rebounder, unreliable shot because lacks confidence in himself. Trade this fcking contract Morey, this one of your worst signings right here.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

just hope he gets traded so this thread makes it to the CF rafters just like the DMO thread

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do expect Anderson to shoot somewhat better with Paul's presence, but he shoots from too far,and is unreliable. He is a fair rebounder at his best, but he can be easily beaten most of the time on the boards as well. He can't run the P/R at all.

No wonder we are stuck with him. Even our favorite dump ground Sacramento doesn't want to touch him.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Were there any other teams offering ryan more than that during free agency? i'm thinking we might have been able to sign him for about $14-15mil/yr last summer. We would've been able to trade him much easier now if we had done this.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

They got into a bidding war with Sacramento, was also after him/offering the same/similar salary.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson will be an easy contract to move. The salary is not the issure Maury had cap space and had to use it

- Village Idiot larsv8

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still like Ryan Anderson and what he did for the Rockets. don't @ me, come at me.

Junebball and J Sizzle like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We need a new thread with his new salary for the upcoming season.

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ryan Anderson makes $19.5 million

Ryan Anderson makes $20.4 million
    Ryan Anderson makes $21.2 million
    Ryan Anderson is owed ~$61.2 million

Bo6, cheke64, Haymitch and 1 other person like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ryan is the best shooting big forward in the NBA, maybe in the world.

Having said that, his playoff performance really f*cked us. Things would be infinitely simpler this offseason if his shooting and impact had carried over to the playoffs, probably would have been able to trade his contract with a heavily heavily protected first or an early 2nd rounder.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't hate the guy, but i hate his shooting inconsistency, and when you are on the floor to do one thing well, you have to be consistent at it ...because we are giving up a lot elsewhere when he's on the court; defense being a big liability. Agreed he's a great shooter, but he's a streaky shooter.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't care about the streakiness of someone who hits 40% of 8 attempts from 25 feet on average tbh.

I think when people talk about inconsistency and streakiness, they forget what that means. Less streakiness doesn't mean more makes, it means that there are also shots which helped us win which he has to miss to achieve consistency at the same average. And I don't think people actually want that. And I don't think it's realistic to expect him to hit a higher %.

But in the playoffs, his average was garbage. The only consistency issue there was that he was consistently crap, it wasn't streaky at all. If he were streaky in the playoffs, maybe we beat the Spurs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

rockets need to find a taker for him. morey has to keep calling the kings.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whatever happened to all those folks that fell for the BS line that this is the going rate now days for Anderson?

It was too big a contract then and is untradeable now.

YIKES.

DD

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

****. We got into a bidding war with Vlade? That's when you know you gotta not go after him.