1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Need to dump him quick in the offseason, we keep him another season and we run the risk of him falling apart and being untradable. We can sell teams on him being the best shooting bigman in the league, use us creating a max space as an excuse for dumping him.

No D, no rebounding, no finishing ability in the paint.

What's the difference between him and Wiltjer? Novak? Toliver? Casspi? I don't see it, all I see is 20 million for a MLE level player. Dump him, lets sign someone who brings more to the table to help our team this offseason.

On another note, I'm also cool with dumping Lou (for a 2nd or to move up on draft night), he's a big negative when he isn't hot offensively, he's too small and gets eaten alive on defense. Wouldn't care if Nene walked either, no rim protection or defensive rebounding.

Our team has HOLES (Anderson/Lou/Nene), perimeter defense, defensive rebounding and rim protection when Clint sits. We simply dump Lou and Anderson we open up 38 million in cap space to fill our holes this off season.

Vivi, ilias, kevtse and 1 other person like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We should trade him to the Thunder for whatever.

Their fans are so enamored by the all-stars we have on this team, they should be happy to take one.

I'd honestly take Kanter straight up for him. Sure, the guy can't play a lick of defense but at least he can consistently score. Ryno looks like a d-league player at home. It is REALLY REALLY bad and it offsets whatever good he's done on the road.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

funny, we could have just paid mo speights $1M for better playoff production

kevtse likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can't afford an 18M situational bench player c'mon dude. Bench guy plays 15-20 mins max, that means you pay Anderson 1M per minute he is on the coirt every game wtf.

Your 18M guy should be at the very least a very solid starter for the team, think of guys like Millsap. If your 18M guy is just a situational bench dude you migjt as well blow it up and look for high ping pong balls cuz you ain't winning squat.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Anderson's play has been mostly pathetic so far this postseason. A total no show -- He looks scared, afraid of the spotlight. He certainly looks like a player who doesn't belong on a championship team. If he can't make (or even take) shots then he's useless on the floor, just dead weight.

He's been a disappointment at TC all year long but I was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the playoffs. Well, if we end up losing this series to the Spurs and Ryno keeps playing the way he is then he shouldn't be here next season.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As counter-intuitive as it is, he just needs to stop trying to shoot quicker. He just needs to take his time with those mechanics and risk getting blocked sometimes. He is doing plenty of damage keeping a defender 25 feet out but shooting even if he misses makes a difference.

1 rebound in 29 minutes is unacceptable though. He's not beating anyone in transition and he's not on the defensive boards and he can't handle the ball, so what is he doing when the other team misses? He's a better player than this, which gives me hope that he will correct it.

I still think he's going to come through in this series. We need to treat him like a legit scorer though, FIND shots for him. Find 10 shots for this guy somehow.

Daddy Long Legs and topfive like this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Too much sex at home. No fuel for playing matches

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Let's face it. We are stuck with this guy for three more years. Pelican fans weren't shedding any tears when he signed with the Rockets, and now we know why.

It would cost us a lot more than a late first round pick to move this contract at this point. Get used to seeing this guys goofy grin for three more year because we are stuck.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

where are the "spacing" defender.
    Anderson was a big mistake for his salary from the start
    4 year 80 million contract waisting in this guy
    I hope Morey can trade him, even for nothing in return , in the postseason

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo, let alone an all star caliber player, but even a Gallo would be a solid upgrade.

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

This is the sorriest he's of trash I've ever seen.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like I said though, if spacing without the actual scoring is all you care about just put Harrell there in the offense and have him shoot 3s way outside the 3 pt line, same effect as Ryno missing his shots but providing "gravity" and "spacing" at 1/10 the price. Its a dumb argument to make that a spot up shooter is still worth 18M when his shots are missing just because he stands away from others.

With a superstar like Harden, the other team's gameplan will alwayd be to let the scrubs beat them, so Brickderson provides squat when he is missing, teams will be happy to see him shoot and they will cover everyone else. If the Rox lose this series just ship this loser out.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol this is bad.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The only way to get rid of Anderson is to package him with Lou....

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I stand by the image of a dumpster fire that I posted when I heard the Rockets signed him to that ridiculous deal to begin with. He's a bench quality player and always has been.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just stay healthy rhyno rockets need you

17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is what I said all along to the doubters during the season, and even through the 1st series. I thought he would step up this series after getting over the nerves in the first series. He seemed to do that in game 1, but now has been a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

I am starting to side with the haters and doubters of Anderson now. He can't just play okay these next games, he has to play GREAT and be a good reason why we end up beating the Spurs to 4, in order for him to be kept here next year. Otherwise, if we lose this series, even in a close game 7, and he just plays okay....HE HAS GOT TO GO BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

Here's to hoping he can surprise even me at this point.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ryan Anderson is going to be extremely difficult to move.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah probably best friends with impossible honestly.....but Morey has done the impossible before, so who knows?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, no, it's not the same effect. I can't believe people say stuff like that. Ryno's jumper is still highly respected by the defense even with all the bricking that he's done in the playoffs. Nobody would even try to guard Harrell out there because his shot doesn't command any respect. They would just park an extra defender in the paint at all times.