1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not baiting at all, the point was not so much about DMo, but about how little we are getting out of Anderson.

DD

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD be like

[​IMG]

napalm06 and Zboy like this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Does anyone know when Anderson might be returning?

I'd like to Have him get atleast 2 games in befor the playoffs begin.

Doesn't have to be more than 15-20 min each game but just to get a little rhythm and shake some rust off.

napalm06 likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think these past 3 games are pretty obvious examples of the benefits that Anderson brings.

Os Trigonum and Mr. Clutch like this.
  5. DaDakota

I don't think he makes a hill of beans difference against GS, and is a maybe against Portland.

He is a nice complimentary role player - who should be coming off the bench, he is too slow footed, and has no lift to be a starting PF at this time. His D is terrible - and he provides terrible rebounding.

DD

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anderson has become our best 3pt shooter, right around 40% 7 attempts per game.

He's not a huge rebounder or defender but definitely better than the 3 guard lineups we've been rolling out lately.

There's not getting around that he isn't worth that contract, but he's pretty perfect for our system.

7. DaDakota

I agree with all of that, but would prefer he comes off the bench - would like to give Capella a little more help defensively, that is the missing piece for this team to win a chip.

DD

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

then you have no understanding of how the game went during hou/gs first meeting of the year when both teams were completely healthy. it's pretty sad bc their best defender who is probably the defensive player of the year is the one who guards Ryno and if you don't think that "makes a hill of beans difference" then it tells us all how much lower than what it already was of a bbq iq you have

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really don't see how you can watch these past two Warriors games and not see the benefits of Anderson's spacing as opposed to the December game where we beat them. Two things...

The Warriors did not respect Dekker or Ariza's outside shooting from the 4 spot and consistently shaded help towards Harden with either Draymond or Iguodala, if not switching onto Harden entirely. Also...the lack of a pick and pop option makes Harden's read more predictable. Limited Harden's options as well as his space in the paint for lobs/pocket passes to Capela or finishing at the rim. Obviously he was hurt, but still.

Obviously the Warriors are very good but the only way you beat them is by outgunning them, and Anderson is inconsistent but also is probably our best weapon for that.

YOLO likes this.
  10. DaDakota

Yawn - you mean when we blitzed the league out of the gate with an all new 3s only approach and it took a while for teams to adopt, and now since they have adopted our record has come back to the mean?

That understanding? Teams know you can stick a shorter player on Anderson and he won't shoot.....

Watch what is going on now, teams with athletic SF's and a shot blocking C have our number.

DD

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

which has been the problem for years bc they can just wreak havoc clogging the lanes for harden. it shouldn't even have to be repeated actually. Harden can get by guys on GS one way or another. but having to get past another wall or two just makes it that much more difficult. that 4 spot play is absolutely critical for the balance of attack for houston and on the other side defensively for GS where they usually have the option of shading guys which so happens to be their best defensive player

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yawn dumb response. of course your first statement is basically what a person that just started watching basketball can only notice

13. DaDakota

Because Anderson plays like a guard, he stands around on the perimeter and shoots 3s, we replaced him with a smaller version of him - I am not saying he is garbage, just that he is better suited to a bench role, because he is easy to guard - which is why he has to step out to 30 feet to get open, players instinctively go....nah, he can't hit from there.

He is what he is an elite 3pt shooting stretch PF, who is slower than dirt, can't defend and can't rebound - he is Matt Bullard 2.0 and we never paid Matt Bullard 20m a year.

Huh, I wonder why I wanted a C that can shoot 3s then, and pull his man out of the paint....weird....

DD

14. DaDakota

We can go back and forth - and argue our opinions all you want, if you think Anderson is worth 20m a year, fine.

I don't.

DD

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah hopefully next year we can get a better defending and rebound stretch 4. PatPat?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

his salary is irrelevant to me so long as he is doing what he was brought here to do. If this guy was shooting 30% from 3 and being a black hole I'd be criticizing him all day. The fact that some people care so much about someone salary and base their opinion off that alone is utterly stupid., especially when they're clearly doing their job and a very important piece to the team

seeingred likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I won't argue that he's overpaid or has a niche role or anything, but I think it's clear how much he benefits Harden, which is pretty paramount for the offense.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol plays like a guard. so according to this logic guys like KAT, AD, Cousins, pretty much all scoring bigs should just head to the bench then

C of PF it doesn't matter. that's not the point. The rockets already had their C's in place. To balance out that lineup you need a stretch 4 obviously.

19. DaDakota

I can respect that.

DD

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....

Les Alexander has absolutely NO ISSUE giving Ryan Anderson his paycheck every 2 weeks. Why the **** should we care about Les's money, especially when it doesn't impact our ability to sign free agents in the off-season? We should only be caring about what Anderson brings to the table on the court, and so far, in Year 1, he's done exactly what he's supposed to.

YOLO likes this.