1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean, don't get me wrong, he is valuable. I don't think he's been terrible or anything. Just needs to be more consistent. But no, I'm not saying he needs to average 20 a night or anything.

2. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I love Ryno, but if a door to bring Serge here opens up, it would be more sweet than bitter to part with Ryan.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

We are 21 games over 500 and he has a part in it as well. He pulls the pf away from the basket and Harden is getting more room to operate. Get ibaka and put him at the 5 and we are set. Not like capella is a great rebounder anyway.

RocketWalta and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Ryan could be more valuable in a trade for Millsap since the Hawks have Dwight tbh, i'm not sure what the Magic would do with Ryan...with Vuc he's a terrible fit, and a front court like Biyombo-Anderson is not going to cut it either...in fact i think the Magic might prefer to just have the cap space instead of Ryan in this situation.

5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Eat a d!€# troll.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes not a world beater right now but this guy is sooo good at shooting 3 that he may singlehandedly win us a game or 2 in each of playoffs series if hes hot

#1046 hakeem94, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Trade Anderson for Carmelo.

8. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

If we didn't pay it Anderson would be in Sacramento right now and we'd be Sacramento.

9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm vocal on it too. We could use one more shooter like Anderson. He's great for floor spacing, shoots 40% from three and great in the locker room/ team chemistry. Moreover, Ryan Anderson had a lot to do with Eric Gordon signing with us. They wanted to play together. RA is worth every penny.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I bet you ever single Rockets player that is part of our success (especially Harden) would completely disagree with you, but what do they know. They are only playing the game.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, we would still have Harden and Gordon (assuming Gordon signs here, that is Anderson's best contribution so far bringing in Gordon.)

DD

xtruroyaltyx and hakeem94 like this.
  12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I just watch Anderson and realize that his highest value is shooting and making 3s. He can't get his shot off unless he's wide open. Shooting 3's from 30 ft ins't a good idea. If I see that pump fake one more time? Defenders aren't going for it and he's hesitant to put the ball on the floor. You can easily guard him with 2's, 3's and athletic 4s. He only takes advantage of the slow 4s like Dirk and Gasol. We are now paying $18.4 mln for a space eater??? Stop it! Serge ability to hit the 3, rebound, block shots, and play with James is significantly better.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what is the career high number of 3PTA per game for Serge ?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets F Ryan Anderson "lopped off" skin from his right thumb pushing down trash at home last night. Will have to see how improves by Wed. Anderson went to an emergency room after cutting the thumb. Would not have practiced today, but Rockets practice was canceled, anyway. - Jonathan Feigen

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

[​IMG]

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

geez how much skin can you lose in the trash? duct tape dat sumbitch up!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Darrell Arthur
    Nikola Mirotic
    Doug McDermott
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Mirza Teletovic
    Jared Dudley
    Kyle Wiltjer

All capable

J.R. likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

If i was earning 18.74 million i would have somebody else taking care of my trash... i would have somebody else taking care of it even if i was earning 18.74 hundred

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And that's one of the reasons why people who made millions go bankrupt. You don't waste your money on stupid crap like hiring someone else to take out your trash. You do that crap yourself, just like you do laundry yourself. You avoid spending money on worthless things while investing it in proper things.

20. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Patrick Ewing disagrees.

Anderson is fine for what he does here. If we can trade him for someone like Ibaka I'm all for it but I assume Orlando is getting better offers. I always thought Morey brought him in as primarily a floor spacer and is overpaying for intangibles.Which is great; chemistry is noticeably improved this season. No, he can't D anyone up (I like it when he tries though!) but he wasn't brought here for that. MDA clearly got a say in the players chosen and so, as a nobody on an Internet forum, I trust the guru knows what he's doing.

Someone mentioned this contract was worse than Parson's. I don't know how to even entertain that notion except to respond that Chandler Parsons has played in 6 of the last 10 games for Memphis and has shot 28% in those limited minutes. And that guy makes 22 million this year.

So, this contract may be an albatross if Ryno doesn't hit his threes more consistently but it's hardly immovable in today's NBA.