1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Classic

Classic Member

I'm still a fan.

jevjnd and DreamShook like this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I laugh every time. He does like 10 pump fakes under the basket, lol. Away from the basket he usually will get the foul call on the pump fake which is a good thing.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There are no decent stats for box outs, but there are also no stats kept for pump fakes. I bet Ryan leads the league in pump fakes, and you can't just ignore that.

Little Bit likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clutchfans.net used to love Chandler's pumpfakes.

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

So under last year's luxury tax threshold ($84.74 mil), Ryno's contract would've taken up 22% of our room. Under this year's ($113.29 mil) it takes up only 16.5%. The luxury tax projection for next year is ($122 mil) which would put his contract at 15%.

This is what i was trying to drive home months ago - talking about raw salary numbers is absolutely pointless.

topfive and CertifiedTroll like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chandler pumps from the outside. Ryno pumps from within the restricted area.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He got the contract, we bid against ourselves, probably overpaid, but who cares? Not my money - I like him on the court....and it makes my team better.....glad we have him - and yes, I do think we overpaid.....but again, so what?

DD

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is how I feel at this point. Next year the contract wont look too bad.

9. bongman

bongman Member

For those who keep insisting that he is overpaid, he was projected to get paid $20M/year even before we signed him. That was what a number of executives were saying - market value. A simple google search shows a number of articles stating this. It has nothing to do with his skills but rather the increase of salary cap. That 18M is equivalent to last year's 14M.

Any team who wanted him would have had to offer that much.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

still don't know why we are still arguing if we overpaid for Ryan Anderson. He's scoring 14pts on 41.5% 3's and he spreads the floor way out like 5 ft past the 3 pt line. He could scoot up and make a higher % but he's standing way back there and spreading the floor for harden to where Anderson's guy can't help out in time. The 18 million range is what 12 million was a year ago and he's surely worth 12 million. Also not to mention, he brought EG along with him and we know how he's been playing.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He is top ten 3 pointer and good defensive for power forward. It is worth.

12. craguin

craguin Member

Quotes fom DA's Morning Tip - 1/9/2017:
    James and I have been talking for years about how dangerous of a dynamic that would be for us, going into pick and rolls,” Anderson said. “Just me being able to spread the court. Some teams hug up on me. Sometimes I’m standing five feet off the 3- point line, and they’re hugging up on me. But that gives James so much more space to work. And that itself is a dynamic I know I can bring. There may a night where I get eight shots or something. But I’m enjoying that game, because I know that I’m doing something that really helps this team.

13. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

nice. Harden worked his recruiting magic? On paper, this team looks slightly above average at best. A 6th maybe 5th seed if we are lucky. But like any orchestra, the sum is greater than the parts and they are gelling, and making beautiful music together. Morey's system finally has the right pieces to make it work, everyone plays their role perfectly. We'll see how it works out in the playoffs but as a regular season team, they can beat anyone.

TracywtFacy and Rodman23 like this.
  14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You keep repeating that nonsense. Any proof to back it up?

From latest DA article:
    http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/...kets-james-harden-thriving-barrage-3-pointers

15. hvic

hvic Member

He pump fakes like Matt Bonner

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Welcome to Clutchfans, let me introduce you to DaDakota! lol

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What a quote. Anderson said he is happy just standing next to Harden for 30 minutes doing nothing. What a teammate.

Rodman23 and J Sizzle like this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets overpaying for a player? This happens.
    But we're getting good results for White Horry.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If what DA reported is true (no reason to believe otherwise), it tells us couple of things:

1. He's not overpaid. His contract is market value, and I will even say BELOW market value because he reportedly took less to join the ROX. Is he worth it though? He struggled at the beginning of the season, but gradually proved himself as the season goes on, and came up huge in some games. So I would say he's definitely worth the contract.

2. And we certainly didn't bid against ourselves.

/thread

Rodman23 and craguin like this.
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not really. He's a tall long range sniper who's shot is such a threat it makes it easier for other guys to shoot. I've never seen this type of extended deadly range in the game basketball. He would be offered what Harden and Conley are getting at the very least if signed this or next off season.