1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson & Eric Gordon Standing Shooting From Mars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RestHarden, Jan 22, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ryan Anderson for Kevin Love straight up.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he did. I do wish he would just take more shots every game from not only behind the arc but in the paint.

3. mockster

mockster Member

First off how dare you slander Gordon, second off Anderson can’t get open/make space unless he shoots at half court

4. Lovemachine2000

Ryan Anderson has no confidence in his shot right now, he is passing up at least several good looks every single game, and the resulting short shot clocks and turnovers are hurting the Rockets. I cringe every time Ryno pump fakes a decent look, he ain't fooling anybody, he can't drive to the basket and every defender knows it. I don't have a problem with his 27 footers, yes it would be nice if he shoots a few feet closer, but he just needs to shoot more, damn it.

As for EG, his 3-point shot selection hasn't been great. He's definitely going through a slump right now, but most of the 3s he took in the last two games have been less than desirable. It's great that he remained aggressive and scored via drives, but he needs to be more selective on 3s. EG also has unlimited range, so I don't have a problem with him firing away the open 28 footer once in a while.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I couldn’t say it better. I wonder how/what the coaching staff is communicating with Ryno with regards to his reluctance to fire away.

Early on this season he was a different player. CP3 would feed him and he’d shoot it. Now, it’s clear he’s lost confidence...even with the 3-6 from 3 tonight.

If we fans see his reluctance, the coaching staff surely sees it. Wouldn’t they just tell him “hey don’t worry about the misses. Fire away at the slightest daylight.” You’d think the MDA would address this with Ryno...

Ryan can get the best passes from CP3 but he is the only one that can shoot it.

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Hahaha, no one got this nor did I expect anyone to. Huge Mike Patton fan here.....bevy of great music from Mike and DEP as well as many others he’s worked with.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude hell yes. I saw dead cross live a couple months back.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The thing that is so irking with Gordon is he starts firing from the 3 line once he gets in, since he is in a slump won't it be better to try to get himself going by driving to the basket and gather his confidence by scoring in the paint first, I mean seriously isn't that a better way to enable his rhythm instead of shooting his way out of the slump by taking ill-advised shots ..??

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Hey Ryan Anderson,you suck at almost everything. You really only do one thing of any value, pulling defenders away from the paint.

Could you please stop doing that.

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe he should just stop at half court and shoot from there.

You know, to stretch the defense out further.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Drogba

Drogba Member

EG is shooting only 33% from 3 lol. Wow. I had no idea he's been THAT bad. Ryno's only 36% too!!!!

Harden & CP3 shouldn't be way more efficient from 3 considering there's are the most difficult. Harden especially.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If defenses would follow him all the way out to half court and let us play 4 on 4, then he would certainly do that.

Defenses only follow him out to his effective range, which is 3-5 feet behind the line. I don't understand how so many posters can be confused by such a simple concept.

SirIvyLeague and Nook like this.
  13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Over your head.

SIL

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well, it's not best case scenario by a long shot (pun intended) but I'll tell you what I can take. I can take 3/6 from 3, being aggressive around the boards and at least trying as a 6'10" human being to throw down a dunk.

Man Anderson is kinda going headcase mode. He shot that first one from about 30 and swished it, the next 2 or 3 plays later he pump faked but actually had it in mind to shoot a step back and DRILLED it. My man. Just let it fly.

Gordon, idk what happened but his balance seems off right now. Like he's aiming instead of shooting. They pounded it into the ground last night but he's still an effective scorer driving to the cup. Again, just let it fly.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not even Bill Worrell uses Mars as his long distance location. That's physically impossible. I would have gone with Beaumont, Clear Lake,

justtxyank likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think they both fear KD treatment leaguewide

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

ryno is actually doing fine in the recent 3 game stretch, i am seeing his fighting spirit, active defensively, though still making silly mistakes fouling durant on 3s, but he is aggressive on the boards, offensive and defensive, that's the way to play, if he can keep it up, then we can play him in crunch time, even when he is not making shots.....

j@amc, dcfma and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rhyno is awesome...he has a fight in him...hes not getting 19.86 millions for no reason

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe Bill should add Lake Charles to the rotation now considering the owner.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

huh?