1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russia massing troops near Iran's border and central Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile, US stealth fighters moved into Persian Gulf according to reports.

It's so awesome being here.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. conquistador#11

reminds me of this one time back in high school when the soviet union and those cubans parachuted into my town. Being awesome and aware of guerrilla tactics, myself along with a couple of my boys from the football team gave them a taste of their own medicine. we even used our HS team's name as the battle cry. Glorious times.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not so stealth I guess.

1 person likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

US sends F-22 Raptors to base near Iran, sources say

The US has begun deploying its most advanced stealth jet fighter, the twin-engine F-22 Raptor, to a base in the United Arab Emirates, within easy striking distance of Iran, industry sources told Aviation Week.

“The F-22 is unlike any other fighter in the world and our friends and potential adversaries know it,” an aviation industry executive told Aviation Week. “When we deployed the F-22s to Guam and Japan, everybody in Asia and the Pacific paid attention.”

The F-22 Raptor can “supercruise” at one and a half times the speed of sound, according to ABC News.

Several of the planes, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, will operate out of Al Dhafra Air Base in UAE, 800 miles from Tehran, industry sources told Aviation Week.

Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. John Dorrian confirmed to ABC News that F-22s had been sent to a base in Southwest Asia – an area that includes the UAE.

Citing operational security, Dorrian would not say how many Raptors were in the region or what their mission was, ABC News reported. But Dorrian said the planes were "not a threat to Iran."

"This is a very normal deployment to strengthen military relationships, promote sovereign and regional security, improve combined tactical air operations and enhance interoperability of forces," Dorrian told ABC News.

According to Wired, the F-22s have joined the Massachusetts Air National Guard’s 104th Fighter Wing, flying standard F-15Cs, and active duty pilots from the 18th Wing in Japan, flying F-15Cs updated with the latest radars, in the region. Raptor and Eagle pilots have been developing special tactics for clearing the air of Iranian fighters, Wired reported.

link

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

really dude really

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

_____

Russia warns on missile defence deal with Nato and US

Russia says it is prepared to use "destructive force pre-emptively" if the US goes ahead with controversial plans for a missile defence system based in Central Europe.

The warning came after the Russian defence minister said talks on missile defence were nearing a dead end.

Moscow fears that missile interceptors would be a threat to Russia's security.

But the US and Nato say they are intended to protect against attacks from Iran or North Korea.

"A decision to use destructive force pre-emptively will be taken if the situation worsens," chief of the Russian defence staff Gen Nikolai Makarov said.

full article

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With any luck, this will get the attention of Iran's theocratic oligarchy, and they will be more serious about negotiations towards ending their atomic weapons program. What the article failed to mention is that not only could the F-22 clear the skys over Iran of Iranian military aircraft, it shows up on radar as being about the size of a ball bearing. No one wants to have a war with Iran, and no one wants them to have atomic weapons, except for the Iranian leadership. My guess is that the Iranian people are more interested in a higher standard of living, relations with the rest of the world, and political freedom, than they are in being another North Korea. There is still time to get this solved with negotiations.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am ready .... my only regret is that I have a finite amount of room for weapons, ammo. I had to recently max the cards, but I now have over 65,000rounds of .223. (mainly M855 semi AP), at least 19 AR15's (some I haven't yet shot), just 4 shotguns, 5 M1A rifles, 2 accurized Remington 700 bolt action, just 1 .50 Barrett (the 29.5 inch barrel version) with 300 rounds of the good stuff

I don't have as many handguns as I wanted for Dec. 2012...just
    3 Glocks - all 9mm
    1 1911 Kimber .45
    1 Ed Brown 1911 custom .45

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

When is your episode?

[​IMG]

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Oh? Whereabouts do you live?

13. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

I don't understand. Russia and USA have enough oil already. It is China that in great need of the oil.

Where are Chinese troops?

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/57FG5vBLKvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Central Colorado huh?

Must be taking cues from the Wolverines after getting their asses handed to them in '85.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    ROXRAN and wife enjoying a relaxing afternoon in their rec room.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And ROX was simply great in that flick! The studio didn't even have to provide props, because ROX had his arsenal handy. The earth tremored as ROX and his doxie blasted the dastardly radioative worm thingys. All these years, and repeated viewings on my part, haven't dimmed its impact, and now I know who the real star was. It's a humbling experience, and just goes to show that one can think they know everything, and be bereft of a detail here and there.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Fraidycatville.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wDpuNrA55-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>