1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Broooooooooooodiiiiiii

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I always thought that once a team gives you more misery than happiness that you stop following them. Some people are in it to be sad, I guess.

BigMaloe, kevtse, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is a great insight

D-rock and BeBreezy like this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Woj just said on ESPN radio that the Rockets themselves do not know when Russ will be able to play. That quad injuries take time and that you do not want to push it too fast at the risk of worsening the injury and longer time recovery. Woj also said the Rockets hope they will be able to handle OKC without Westbrook's help, but that he may be back in this series still because Westbrook high threshold for pain.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

He may have a high threshold for pain but he will be overcompensating for that injury and not be as explosive as normal. A less explosive Westbrook is the last thing we need so he should sit if he isn't 80% or more and is able to play within himself. If not healthy enough, let's ride with Rivers/Gordon at least against the Thunder.

BigMaloe, ak99999, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Where the heck is Cyberx when we need him.

BigMaloe, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's gonna be painful. IMO they're being rightfully super cautious so that he joins us 100%. That's a wise decision.

I think he'll play after our 1st loss or in game 4, whichever comes first.

D-rock, deb4rockets and pippendagimp like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I‘lol say this, the only way you’re gonna get Russ off the court is because he’s being handcuffed to a chair.

he’ll be back fast. He’s always returned faster than expected from surgeries. He’s a freak

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Gordon should follow him to shoot 2 points until Gordon back to good accuracy conditions. His 3 points is not reliable recently

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What if their life is already miserable and the Rockets make it a little less miserable but he can't shake off the sadness or negativity.....

BigMaloe, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not good man. for someone who relies primarily on athleticism and the huge risk for susceptibility to a quad tear on a injury that isn't fully healed is brutal. the no timetable thing has been a big flag. had this been the regular season, they could just rule him out for a week or two. But they are playing by ear here based on how the series goes and its possible he will force himself to play regardless of the stage of recovery if the rockets are in the hole. tough call for sure for all parties involved

you definitely don't want a cousins 2.0 thing happening at this point

Hakeemtheking and Nook like this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

My worry is that a hobbled Westbrook will take more mid range jumpers rather than attack consistently.

We know from experience. If your opponent is a midrange jump shooting Westbrook you are going to win.

BigMaloe, 34to11, Mathloom and 2 others like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

They are saying they do not have a time frame because they really do not know how he is going to respond. They are checking his stability, his range of movement and other issues. When he is close they will put him through a hard workout and see how the swelling and pain is the next day but they want to give him as much time as they can.

I am sure Westbrook wants to play, but he is a massive part of the Rockets the next 3-4 years, and they cannot afford him to have a major injury destroying next season as well and putting the Rockets on the hook for massive salary obligations.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To me, if you can get to being up 2-1 in the series without Westbrook, sit him until a potential Game 6. If you're down 2-1, suit him up for Game 4 and see how it goes. It's a crappy situation to be in, but the Rockets can survive. I think they can limit OKC's offense enough to get by without Russ.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  16. lionaire

lionaire Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah. Strains on soft tissue injuries such as quad, hammys, etc are all tricky. You can walk and operate pretty close to normal daily functions without putting that strenuous pressure on it. The key is when you want to apply the actual hard cuts, explosion, in game Pressure on that leg what happens. We know emulating that in a relaxed practice environment is significantly different than an actual game. And especially the playoffs where the competitiveness reaches its highest level and intensity

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It might the same kind of reasons why people like to watch horror movies to get scared.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Specially when Westbrook game relies heavily on explosion.

BigMaloe, hakeem94, topfive and 2 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I really wish this was not truth.

Some people just enjoy rolling around in their misery and love spreading it to others.

hakeem94 likes this.