1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook sending Rockets signals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Jul 9, 2019.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Contributors like Beverley, Lou Will and Harrell?

DeadGato likes this.
  2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Westbrook - X-Factor

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

If the rockets actually do this... which is crazy.....

might as well resign Melo so they can take turns up the court bricking mid range jumpers

blackistan likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

they're all just reciting Drake lyrics.

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

I spoke with my sauces and I'm been told he is going to the Sacramento Kings.......

6. rockets13champs

Dearron Fox is light years better

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i say yes, just because of the uknown factor.,, This team isnt going to go anywhere (we couldnt beat the warrios without durant)

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets are out (if they were even in it to begin with)

Westbrook would like to play in Miami, Heat would like to have him
    Thunder made it clear they would like to get out of the LT in a Westbrook trade
    Heat are hard-capped. It requires either the Thunder to reduce their expectations or for 3rd team to get involved
    I do think there is a deal to be made.
    Other teams are involved (Pistons), watching to see if Hornets, Magic get involved

peleincubus and Williamson like this.
  9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

this is when morey suprises everyone lol- when they say we are out..

bilaal14 and tc0330 like this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

so brody to houston confirmed?

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, once you move Chris Paul. ;)

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He missed one game.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Westbrook would be ultimate gamble for Rockets

It absolutely must be considered.

Trade-machine machinations should be kicked into maximum overdrive.

And if there’s a way for the Rockets to add Russell Westbrook while moving on from Chris Paul, I honestly don’t know how they say no.

I’ll believe the Rockets’ 2019-20 opening night roster is officially set 90 minutes before tipoff. Until then, I advise you to keep expecting anything to happen, and you should know that one of the NBA’s most-relentless franchises never sleeps.

Westbrook would be risky.

Westbrook would be an instant question mark that could hover all season.

Westbrook could end up as front-office gamble that actually prevents the Rockets from acquiring their first shining trophy since 1995, instead of the blockbuster deal that finally pushes them to the top of the Western Conference in the James Harden-era.

But ask yourself this: Who would Harden rather share the ball, court and his star power with -- Paul or Westbrook?

I’ll acknowledge right now this isn’t the easiest trade idea to “evaluate” … since we have no idea which players are being discussed, what picks are on the table and which teams are at the center of an evolving conversation.

But for all the pros and cons of Westbrook in 2019, he is still one of the best players in the NBA. Ultimate competitor. Can singlehandedly wins games by himself from October through June. And it would be one heckuva story if Harden found a way to the top by reuniting with his longtime Oklahoma City friend during the era of LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George in Los Angeles.

The other story – Harden and Paul winning the title in 2019-20 with the Rockets’ roster as-is – is also plausible, but much harder for me to currently believe.

If Westbrook wore red, Mike D’Antoni would truly have his work cut out for him. And the Rockets’ coach is already entering a drama-driven contract year.

But the biggest question the Rockets must answer is if they believe Westbrook can evolve, adapt and change.

Could he be a true No. 2 to Harden?

Would he push, propel, criticize and challenge Harden like a true superstar teammate should?

And would Harden also be willing to sacrifice, thus allowing Daryl Morey, D’Antoni and the Rockets to get the best out of Westbrook in the 12th season of his career.

Maybe there’s a way the Rockets could have all three guards inside Toyota Center next season. But you usually need a decent bench to win an NBA title.

Westbrook is set to make Paul money next season ($38.5 million) and the final three years of the Thunder star’s contract are borderline insane. But Paul’s monster deal already hamstrings the Rockets, so counting millions is actually old-fashioned for this one.

Adding Westbrook is a legit possibility for the Rockets, who already possess the best scorer in the NBA.

Is Houston’s NBA team going to watch Jimmy Butler and Westbrook team up in Miami, when the Rockets wanted both in the same summer?

It would be a gamble that would shake Las Vegas. But if the Rockets paired Harden with Westbrook, it could end up (maybe) as an amazing Hollywood story.

Is Westbrook better for the team in the short and long term than Paul?

If the Rockets believe the answer is yes, Harden should soon have a new star by his side.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why does he need leverage? He wants to be traded and OKC wants to trade him. He isn't a free agent angling for a big contract.

bilaal14 and everyday eddie like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This situation screams for Daryl to capitalize. He won't though.

Miami gets Westbrook.
    OKC gets Herro, Dragic and Shumpert @ 10.2 million + a 2020 1st rounder from Houston.
    Houston gets Winslow

OKC buys out Shump and Dragic and ducks the luxury tax. Miami gets their "second star" and keeps Bam Bam. Houston gets a wing player who can essentially play 1-5 and a dude who bleeds Houston and doesn't claim Tomball as his home. If hard-cap criteria isn't met, Houston uses exceptions to take contracts from Miami.

peleincubus, luckyman76, xaos and 4 others like this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That could be months after he puts on a jersey. He's a terrible shooter.

cml750 and treyk3 like this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

id gamble a first on winslow for sure. just not multiple.

treyk3 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Easily, we are drafting in the early 20s at worst. If I'm using a first, I'm taking a 23 dude who probably wants to be here over Iggy, who wants a buyout, every single day. No injury history, improvements on his 3 point shot, ability to run the point, and the ability to improve both our length and rebounding, while getting younger.

ROXTXIA and tc0330 like this.
  19. Victorious

Victorious Member

Inject the risk into my biggest veins I'm ready!!! Cp3,westbrook,harden 3 headed monstars

tc0330 likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And he's a Houston native, so, you know, there's that.

treyk3 likes this.