1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russel Wilson now the starter?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mugrakers, Aug 24, 2012.

1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

If anyone watched tonight's game... or at least the highlights would probably think that. I wonder if KC is just that bad at rushing the passer or if he will be the real deal.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

It is more of an indictment on Matt Flynn, if anything.

Matt Flynn = Kevin Kolb

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wilson is surprising me, I didn't think he would amount to much. But lets see how he does in a real game.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

KC had a good defense, particularly at the end of last season. Wilson went through them like a hot knife through butter. He does not look like a rookie. He has poise, can find receivers on the fly, and makes good decisions under pressure.

Yeah...he should get the starting job.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With Flynn's injury situation, it's a done deal Wilson is the starter. Now the Seahawks have to hang on to Tavaris Jackson at least another week or two.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think matt shaub is three exception . Signing a guy of a few starts is stupid.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Damn, Wilson is 35/52 with 464 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT this preseason. That's ridiculous.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, Wilson looks good, but nobody is throwing a real defense at him yet.

9. Refman

Maybe. However, even as a rookie, he has better skills and decision making than Flynn and Jackson.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He reminds me of McNabb a little.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

JACKSON?!:eek::eek:

LOL, no ****. Jackson was never, not at any point in his entire life a legitimate candidate to become even a 3rd string NFL quarterback. I swear he has dirt on Goodell or something. He wasn't even good playing D2 college football against women.

12. Refman

Agreed.

Now if you agree, as the stats would indicate, that Wilson is better than Flynn...this becomes a no brainer.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why not? Survived and thrived in two college systems. If he was one or two inches taller he could've been a first round prospect.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm a little surprised too even though he was stellar last year (guess I can't get over the first Michigan State game).

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, Russel Wilson in the first two preseason games played against the #2 against the titans and the broncos, but he did play great in the 3rd preseason game.

I think Matt Flynn will start the season, but in week 6 or 7 Wilson will take the starting job.

16. Refman

I think a lot of people, myself included, expected that. Now, all of a sudden, Flynn has an elbow injury that kept him out of the third preseason game. This will open the door for Wilson as the starter.

Pete Carroll is increasingly effusive about Wilson. I expect Carroll will give him the nod very soon. If Wilson performs well as the starter, I expect Seattle will trade Flynn and his contract to a team that finds itself in need of a quarterback.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Russell Wilson named the starter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Russell Wilson (<a href="https://twitter.com/dangerusswilson"><s>@</s><b>dangerusswilson</b></a>) will start against the Raiders and will start the first week of the regular season." <a href="https://twitter.com/petecarroll"><s>@</s><b>petecarroll</b></a></p>&mdash; Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) <a href="https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/239900643861594112" data-datetime="2012-08-27T01:42:25+00:00">August 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Asian Sensation

Good call. Stick to futbol. :p

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The seahawks need to trade flynn. I think he got 10 million guaranteed.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which is why they won't (can't) trade him.