1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Running backs, running backs..and more running backs!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Pieman2005, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The consensus is to draft RBs and a lot of them in the early rounds.

My question is, does this change in a PPR league?

What are you guys' suggestions?

Should I trade that philosophy considering it's a PPR league, or still get quality WRs in later rounds while taking RBs early?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like RB is super deep this year.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

PPR - Spiller, McCoy, and Charles would be at the tops of my receiving backs list.

4. what

what Member

I sorta hate the fact that the fantasy pundits are repping the running backs this year, because running backs frankly have always been and will always be the key to fantasy football.

but yeah, if you got 3 or 4 solid running backs, you got a great chance to win fantasy.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Shut up Billie Jean King

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

The only thing PPR will change is which RBs to target. A McCoy and Spiller type of player increase their value with the additional PPR. The reasoning that RBs are the key to fantasy success are because the drop off in RBs is much greater than other positions.

Recent changes (especially in a PPR) would lead me to this conclusion though: Grab that top TE if possible. Gronk, Graham and even Hernandez and Gonzales (when healthy) gave you a HUGE advantage over everyone else in fantasy the last few years. This year, it's possible that Graham is on a tier of his own (much like Calvin) but you could possibly get Graham in the early 2nd round (depending on the # of teams).

For a break down though:
    So, the best conclusion is, DO NOT reach for any QB. Get a great value QB (i.e. Stafford, Romo, Schaub, Wilson, etc) instead of grabbing Brady in the 1st/early 2nd round.

Draft your RBs early. Try to grab Graham (or whoever else you REALLY like). Fill out your WRs. Grab value QBs. Load up depth at RB.

Loading up the RB depth REALLY helps. RBs always go down or falter and if you have the guy that's producing early (possibly look at Week 1 through 3 or 4 matchups) you can trade him for a good value and possibly get a QB that struggled a little or a WR that's playing well.
    I normally try to select about 6 RBs, it works out great. Also waiver wire and RB that is producing and will produce, Alfred Morris wasn't drafted in a lot of drafts last year, for example.

DO NOT select a D/ST or K until the last 2 rounds. (or possibly 2 of the last 3 rounds). D/ST have the WORST predicted points value based on preseason. It's really hard to tell which D/ST will get points, so don't waste a pick trying. It's actually much better to waiver wire matchups on the D/ST than waste picks and roster slots for them. Kicker's have the least difference in points, don't waste a pick on them till the end.