1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumour] Van Chancellor our asst coach next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Mar 30, 2006.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Take this with your pinch of salt. According to the "infamous" sina.com, Van Chancellor, head coach of Comets, is LIKELY to be our asst coach next season.

You need pryuen to translate this...

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2006-03-30/14112132491.shtml

I hope SINA would gain some reputation this time. I have struggled a bit if I should post this too 'coz this is my first thread, might end up with a LOCK. :p

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

like you said about the pinch of salt....

I call total BS. This is more of the usual crap that Sina puts out to get readers...

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

atleast he was smart enough to put rumour in the title.

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Honestly I don't think Sina's reporter (his name is Wen Mu, a strange Chinese name though) was making this up since I think Chinese fans don't care who is going to be our asst coach next season. He must have heard something around, may be not a reliable source.

I knew nothing about coach Van Chancellor but I think if some clutchfans here could share his/her insights of this gentleman's coaching style and abilities, we might have some quality discussions here about how we could improve our offensive plans, player development, tactics, etc. from the contribution of this gentleman or someone else out there. I just think it would not worse than a trade-our-player or fire-JVG thread.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

two words

suddis catfish

one more word

nikko.

it is nikko, right?

6. Everglory

Everglory Member

Sina sucks...

as usual

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

You mean "Suck this, Catfish"??? Hope you don't but please tell me what actually do you mean. Using "Catfish" to describe Chinese is not right, kid.

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Where the hell are you getting "suck this?" from. And why do you think Catfish is being used to describe chinese?

[​IMG]
    Lil Nikko likes the Blackberry cobbler, and Icecream

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Then please tell me what's the meaning of "suddis catfish". I'll apologize if I get it wrong.

[​IMG]

#9 freemaniam, Mar 30, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  10. Miguel

he misspelled it
    Sudie's Catfish

Look at the picture

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I searched the net after your first post and found that coach Chancellor indeed was the spokesman of that restaurant. I thought I should wait for Kam's response after he woke up. Thanks for the clarification by the way. One more question, I thought "Sudie's" should be pronounced as "Soo Dis" instead of "Sud Dis", is it Texan's accent or what?

Anyway, I apologize for being too sensitive.

Perhaps I should get back to the topic. Coach Van Chancellor won 4 consecutive WNBA titles with Comets and he was the head coach of USA Women National team. So his record is too good to be an assitant coach for Rockets?

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

and lil' Nikko said make your move grandpa make your move!

13. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

IS there a YOF in here?

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Simmah, simmah...

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

three bawl?

16. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

At least now, when VanC calls his players "ladies" he won't be far from the truth...

17. Miguel

:cool: BRILLIANT!

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Van is a great guy to have asa friend or consultant but as an Assistant Coach
    of the Roackets !!! You must be kidding. since Cynthia Cooper left the Comets Van hasn't shown any signs that he can coach, at least that comment is based upon his results. The one thing that I like about Van and it's the same thing I like about Calvin Murphy they both are ardent about "Give Yao The ball"

19. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

Well, except for taking the Comets to the Western Conference Finals last year, with Tina Thompson playing only 1/3 of the games due to her pregnancy.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People always bach sina, I know I did. But they nailed the whole Juwon Howard on the head thing way before any other source. So Ive learned to keep an open mind. This scenario does seem ridiculous though... Suicide catfish