1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumors/Speculation] Gasol on the move?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Garner, Nov 27, 2012.

1. what

what Member

For my own selfish interest, I'd love to see a deal go down for Pau to Denver

Not sure how much this is talked about in circles, but a deal for Pau between the Denver Nuggets and the Lakers seems very interesting to me.

Pau would fit on this nuggets team like a glove.

Ty Lawson
    Iggy
    Gallo
    Faried
    Pau

This would be a varied and formidable lineup.

The nuggets also have the pieces that could get this done.

Mcgee, Corey Brewer, Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler. Obviously, any deal for Pau would require that Mcgee is involved and since Mcgee just signed a contract, a deal really can't be done until the middle of January. But this deal, more than any other, makes sense for both teams.

2. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

And this is a thread why, with Pau threads everywhere?

3. what

what Member

Maybe because I wanted to annoy you. Success??

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wizards get Pek and give up crap?

5. VanityHalfBlack

Come to Houston my Spaniard friend!!!!!

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

$$$$ 40 mil in savings. And i don't know about 'much'. People are going nuts about Metta right now.

7. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

That might not go over well with the league office, since just about 8 out of every 10 fans are black.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I don't get the "whilst the Detroit Pistons will sign Emeka Okafor"

was he waived? or just be part of the trade? Stupid so called "sports" journalist at its finest....

9. beastlyzeratul

beastlyzeratul New Member

GASOL IS TERRIBLE

Dude we don't need a player like him he cant be efficient look at him in L.A I mean come on :mad:

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Pau Gasol has been playing like a 7 foot tall title insurance underwriter at a YMCA.

If I had to put money on it, Grandpa Gasol gets traded sometime between December 15th--when a lot of the contracts signed this off-season are finally tradeable--and December 25th, Christmas Day, the day when the NBA season truly "starts" for some of the more casual hoops fans.

Christmas is a huge day for the league to put its best foot forward and generate revenue with its broadcast television games, and it would be surprising if the Lakers went to war on Christmas Day without brandishing some great new players they've just flipped this bland geriatric for.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

weren't the timberwolves gonna trade for gasol?

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

That ended up being something that:

1. David Aldridge discussed as a trade idea in a column of his, where he literally says that he has no sources for it, and he's just thinking out loud.

2. A Spanish reporter with (highly) questionable English skills interpreted this to mean this was straight-up happening, and blasted it all over her twitter.

So nope.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

As of yesterday, they still want him:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Nope. More on this later in week. “@<a href="https://twitter.com/twolves_groupie">twolves_groupie</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/darrenwolfson">darrenwolfson</a> would u be surprised if Kahn was calling on pau? I wouldn't be...”</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/275464897293344768" data-datetime="2012-12-03T05:02:04+00:00">December 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We're a long way from that. Just know Kahn still covets Pau. “@<a href="https://twitter.com/hendrew">hendrew</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/darrenwolfson">darrenwolfson</a> is pek gone if Pau comes?”</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/275467260758458368" data-datetime="2012-12-03T05:11:27+00:00">December 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Ahahahaha David Aldridge what have you done??

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Here's the "source" of the deal in case anyone is interested:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/featur...-tip-bobcats-turning-things-around/index.html

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rubio for Pau

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I think that's way too much for Pau considering how much his performance has dropped off and how much money he's making. Pekovic is good and makes so much less money...If they could use one of Williams/Pekovic to get Pau and then the other to get a good shooting guard, they'd have a pretty beastly team though. I think you'd see Pau playing a whole lot better as a center in Adelman's system.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

To all our Rocket Friends
    and Morey please keep in mind the following:

a) Pau Gasol is paid $19,000000 this year

b) He was born in 1980

c) He is 32years of age and will be 33 next July

d) He was a great player and has since given of his best
    to all of his Four teams (Barcelona and SPAIN),

e) He is about to fall down the slippy slope to reality.

f) He is the sort of player NOT needed by the Rockets, especially
    on a team which is being rebuilt to become a championship contender in
    two or three seasons.

g) Gasol would be dead meat and never an asset!

h) We have so many young players with great potential and they should be given a chance to develop in team chemistry towards a Championship, as
    we did in our first Championship run. Or to trade for another great developing young player. Y:p

MOREY THINK CLEARLY, DO NOT WASTE OUR YOUNG TALENT ON GASOL!!!

#58 Yetti, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

See? See? He's got you thinking about it now too. It's the hypothetical trade that won't die.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it was a dumb trade idea tbh, the Lakers lose it, the Wolves lose it.
    The Wizards exchange Ariza and his crappy contract for a young marginal All Star center, and in the process somehow also gets the most promising prospect in the deal.

That guy should either stop writing for nba.com, or he should stop coming up with trade ideas.