1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors are Rumors, keep it that way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wink369, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Wink369

Wink369 Member

I cant believe how some of you guys are acting. One person hears a Rumor then all this s*** comes up and becomes a big deal.

Take francis for instant.....

On draft night, Francis' dislike of Vancouver, not his love for his mother, is what most NBA fans first learned about him. Nobody does disappointment quite like Francis, and that lower lip that jiggles as he bounces through the lane drooped almost cartoon-like on draft night when the Grizzlies made him the overall No.2 pick. Steve was worried about not getting playing time with an already good player in the point guard position. Steve wanted to win at everything. Wind sprints, scrimmages, everything. Steve Francis wanted to be as close to his grandmother. But the draft's national audience knew none of that, making Francis' pout far less endearing. Houston quickly picked up Francis on a deal, where Stevie quickly felt at home. Francis has a bit of a feel of back home in Takoma Park. Moochie's locker is on one side; Cuttino's on the other. Another teammate, Walt Williams, starred at Maryland. Francis's rookie year he redeemed himself from draft night with a almost "too good" rookie season, picking up the Rookie of Year along with No.1 draft pick Elton Brand.

is that already not enough for you? francis is a rocket, and if your a true rocket fan you shouldn't just sit here and diss the man over some rumor you just heard!

give the man a break. he has done the rockets great. Wouldn't you trust Rudy T about keeping francis this year? I feel he is a blooming star,and when he reaches his prime all of you francis haters are going to just shut yo mouths.

peace,
    tony (owner of wink3.com)

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

GREAT POST! :)
    i'm on your side, steve has similar flaws to any young player but i think he will soon lead this team deep into the playoffs.