1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors Approaching Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oschadha, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dream2franchise

NO! God No! It's just that he was brought into an absolutely perfect situation. If Boston landed that first pick with Rick Pitino as coach would his success have been the same? Thats all i'm asking. Think about it.

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per real Shady:
    "I can't honestly see Tmac wanting to get out of Houston already. If he does we need to move him quick before other teams find out and his value drops. His value is already diminished because of his back problems, and there is no chance we could get Garnett for Tmac straight up now because of it."

I would like to keep him, but if Van Gundy makes another anouncement like he did with Anderson-we better hurry before Jeff tells everyone he does not like him...

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Anyone hear what Matt Jackson said during the fan feedback? He teased about a trade the coach said they might make and said he'd have it later in the broadcast.

4. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

When asked who he might be after JVG said "Wade" as in Dwayne Wade.

The statement was full of sarcarsm and typical JVG dry humor.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I wasn't listening but why do I have a feeling it was a joke?

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

JVG was asked about whether the Rockets would make a trade and he said something like, well what do you want me to say... look, we should be aggressively trying if there is something out there that can help our team we should be all over it

IMO I think the Rockets will trade Derek Anderson, Stromile Swift, and the exception tomorrow before the deadline.

JVG is scheduled to be on the Rocket insider show tomorrow on 610. I don't think it's by coincidence that he will make is first appearance on that show right after the trade deadline.

#86 Texas Stoke, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  7. RocketTiger

RocketTiger Contributing Member

I wouldnt be suprised if we go after rashard lewis really hard. He could definitly be the missing peice here. I tried a trade and it worked.

Anderson
    Head
    Swift
    Barry

for

Lewis
    Evans

That would be a sweet deal for us.

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

And Seattle would make this trade because...

9. insane man

insane man Member

stop letting rationale and logic get in the way of trade discussions. c'mon now.

10. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Might as well go up to the Sonics' front office, hold a gun to the GM's head and demand him to hand over Ray Allen for a pack of pretzels.

11. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

They are losing serious money, have no arena deal in place, not going anywhere this season. Might have to throw in a couple of 1st rounders. Still, we can dream.

12. Texas Stoke

The biggest name player the Rockets could trade for is Al Harrington. It's a longshot but you never know.

Anderson, Swift, and that 3.5 mill trade exception could net the Rockets a rotation player or two in return.

Just looking at our roster, we gotta to have a backup point guard to take the load off Alston.

A starting power forward would be great, another shooting guard would be nice, but a backup point guard is a necessity. Daniels, Watson, Fisher, or Deron Williams are players who come to mind when thinking of a trade for another point guard.

Rockets don't need a major trade. If it makes sense, fills a need here or there,
    makes financial sense for the future, finalize it.

deadline is 2pm central....we'll see...

13. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

I disagree, after that Suns game, I realized this team desperately needs a legit 3rd scorer. We rely too much on our jumpshooters outside of Yao and TMAC. For example, if Wesely is not hitting his shots tonight against the clippers, we lose. Wesely is a streaky shooter.

14. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Deron Williams is the 3rd pick, they won't give up on him that quickly. Harrington would force T-Mac to the 2 position as he has been playing SF this whole season.

15. Texas Stoke

Thats true but a little tweak here or there could make all the difference for this team with Yao and Mcgrady back and playing strong.

I agree though, we do need a third scorer...we'll see what they got in store...

16. Texas Stoke

Deron Williams was just a name I threw out there after hearing a Jazz broadcaster ask him about trade rumors involving his name.

And have you had a chance to watch the Hawks any this year? Al Harrington is the Hawks PF. He is not at a disadvantage at that position and if you look at his numbers for the most part he outplays his opponent. He has all the physical ability to hold down that position with no problem. Though his acquisition is kinda of a pipe dream.

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Al Harrington (per game avg this season)
    18 pts.
    6.9 rebs.
    .14 blocks

Juwon Howard (per game avg this season)
    11 pts.
    6.5 rebs.
    .14 blocks

OK, and how would he improve and hold down our PF spot? The only thing he does better than Howard is score. We need a banger, a rebounder, defender, enforcer at the 4, not a SF masquerading as a PF.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we're going after Harrington, might as well throw in Delk. He's a good backup PG who is rotting away down there like JB was. He would make a very nice complement to Rafer. Send them Stro and whatever to get the deal done. Try to retain Wesley though. We need his shooting in the playoffs when the ball is flying around the perimeter.

I still wish there was some way to acquire one of these guys:

1. Lamar
    2. Darius
    3. Pietrus
    4. Maggette
    5. Al

Any of these guys would make us a very superior offensive team with TMac, Yao, and Rafer on the floor. Al may not be bringing it defensively in Atlanta right now, but he can play some D. No, he's not gonna be the post stopper for Duncan, Garnett, etc. Nobody is. The way you fight that is to keep Yao out of foul trouble and have him dominate his matchup offensively and spread the floor with shooters and creators.

Worst case scenario, I would think we could reacquire JL3 after DA is either traded or waived. He was very servicable for 10 mpg.

19. RocketTiger

RocketTiger Contributing Member

I know the lewis trade is a little far fetched, but lewis will opt out after 07 and since the sonics are not going anywhere this year they might consider it maybee add a first round or two in the deal.

20. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Yeah, that was a mistake. Shoulda caught that one.