1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors Approaching Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oschadha, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Summer of '07? Nevermind. I wouldn't mind dealing Yao if we could get a KG or Dirk type athlete in return in the future, however.

2. littlefish_220

First of all, I don't want trade tracy unless it is for TD, KG, or James (all unlikely). So in reality, he is the best we can possess.

Secondly, Steve carried Rockets to the playoff three years ago, and then was traded away for Tracy. As far as I know, most fans are happy about the trade. Is it a good way to repay Mr. Francis? Probably not, but the team is always trading for better talents and better fit.

3. caphorns

caphorns Member

If he's in Byron's doghouse, you might as well pencil him in as a permanent fixture in JVGs doghouse.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I guess the same can be said for Lampe then...

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree, we are in desperate, desperate need of a tall, young, athletic wing. Scratch that, we are in desperate need of talent - PERIOD. Watching teams like Dallas and Detroit absolutely STACKED with young talent while we run Wesley and Howard out there for 35+/night shows just how far we have to go. Forget about the system or all of this b****ing about Van Gundy - we are in desperate need of some personnel.

Get some talent. Dallas at least did not build in the cheap ass , hope for good luck way we are trying to do so. They just started amassing talent. Some of it did not fit like Jamison and Antoine Walker, Van Exel etc. They then had talent to trade.

Year after year we are always in the same situation, nobody to trade outside of our best two or three players. Hoping that some othe teams cast offs or some unexpectedly cheap free agents are really a steal.

6. dream2franchise

Why do some people want to Trade T-Mac for KG? Who will take the last shot for Houston :confused:

The only player i would trade T-Mac for is Lebron, and not because he is better than Tracy, which he isn't. But only because he is younger, healthier and a tandem of he and Yao would rake in millions for the Rockets organisation--the biggest US star and the biggest international star? forget about it!

T-Mac is perfect for this team, he has ice veins in the fourth (unlike KG), shares the ball with his team mates (unlike Kobe), and can shut down any perimeter player in the league (unlike LeBron).

No more T-Mac trades!!! :mad:

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is debatle. Your point is correct, but given the fact that Dallas is dependent basically on 2 player - Dirk and Josh Howard - they really built through "hope for good luck" via the draft. The improvement of Josh Howard is realyl overlooked on that team. Almost 4ppg, .75 apg more this year, and the dude is shooting 42% from 3's - he never shot higher than 30% before that.

You're still right given that they did have those 2 players, though.

8. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

we will find out tomorrow!

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

its summertime everyone suppose get horny

10. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Who wins in this deal?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Until he does it in the playoffs. . .he will be suspect
    KG has drug his team to the playoffs. . just like TMac
    in some instances by himself

Rocket River

12. dream2franchise

T-Mac showed up in game 7, no one else, except Yao, did. I don't believe a single player can carry his team to greatness--not without talent around him. He can be the difference in a game, but not in a series or a season. Both players have been victims of poor support.

T-Mac has enough now to make the playoffs and i think, injuries aside he is destined for playoff greatness. I see your point but i still believe T-Mac is better for Houston than KG--thats all i'm sayin.

13. 2Cleva

2Cleva Member

What if T-Mac's personal issues will cause him to want to be dealt?

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i would hardly give up on the tmac/yao combo. they've really only had one full season together. this season has been too crazy for them to do anything. but the record of the team when the two play together speaks for itself. i wouldnt be jumping ship to trade yao or tracy

on another note my friend inform me that there are several "trades" over on a big laker board that somehow involve tracy going to the lakers and we getting odom and fillers. i dont know how it fits in here but it just made me laugh

15. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

Bring Kobe to Houston!!!! However, it will never happen. There's no way in the world that Lakers would do it, without Kobe, the Lakers will be the atlanta hawks. He's just that DAME GREAT, single handly bring the Lakers to the playoff???????????? ar..............

16. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

LOL.........................WHY? Because Tmac hasn't prove anything yet in his NBA career, and he already proved himself that he will show up for games when he feels like it.

I would trade Tmac plus some $$$ for either Kobe, Duncun, Lebron, Nash anytime second of the day, but of course, there's no way that the other teams would put the trigger on this trade.

17. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

OK let's get some facts straight.

1. Yao will never be traded. At least not until he's 30-something years old.
    2. T-Mac will not be traded either. He's here for the long haul, and with the possibility of him retiring early, it's probably going to happen right here in Houston.
    3. Rafer ain't going anywhere soon. We're stuck with him for at least the next 2 years in my opinion. He has proven to everyone why we picked him up, and high quality point guards like him are rare to come by in the league. Uninformed writers claim we got fleeced in that trade, but we most certainly didn't. He has found his niche and place in the NBA here in Houston, and the only way he can go right now is up.
    4. Probably don't need to beat this dead horse, but Deke would rather retire than be traded, and he loves Houston too much.

Now everyone else, we can discuss. Outside those four, here are the players currently with the most value to the Rockets team in descending order (note, this list has nothing to do with salary and has everything to do with how much the Rockets would miss/lose if they were to go):

David Wesley
    Luther Head
    Keith Bogans
    Stromile Swift
    Jon Barry
    Juwan Howard
    Chuck Hayes
    Maciej Lampe
    Ryan Bowen
    Bobby Sura
    Derek Anderson

Wesley is currently the most valuable player we have that is tradeable - great defender even though he suffers from mismatches often, consistent perimeter threat. Luther Head is high up there mostly because of rookie/long term value. KB is our backup 3 and probably our best perimeter defender, an area which is probably our greatest deficiency at the moment. I think the rest speak for themselves.

18. dream2franchise

And the guys you listed have? Look i've got ultimate respect for Kobe but he needs to win without Shaq to get the respect that he really wants. I said i would trade T-Mac for LeBron because from a business perspective you'd be crazy not to. Nash is a playoff winner and a great player but once again his ring count is the same as T-Macs. And Duncan had the pleasure of being drafted into a winning team coming off a shock season, with a future hall of famer playing Duncan's position for him and with the best GM's and coaches in the business. I'd like to see how he'd fair if he were drafted into a crap team and surrounded by a bunch of stiffs.

A superstar is only as good as the talent around him, and every player you listed has had more talent around him than T-Mac has had. You want T-Mac to achieve something, get CD to surround him with more than just Yao and Rafer-he needs shot blockers and rebounders, shooters and wing stoppers-then you'll get your freaking ring.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why is Jon Barry listed above Juwan Howard?

You said salaries weren't factored in. That makes NO sense.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Are you saying Tim Duncan isn't good?